Pitt-Cuse | The Boneyard

Pitt-Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Drinking the ACC Kool Aide, Pitt and Cuse went from being Kings in Madison Square Garden in to ACC knaves in a couple of short years by their own doing. It was there defections that put the final nail in the Big East.
How quickly they have achieved Boston College status.

Reaction Score
Look at all the former Big East teams in the ACC, Vtec, Miami, BC, Cuse, Pitt

All second and 3rd tier programs

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Drinking the ACC Kool Aide, Pitt and Cuse went from being Kings in Madison Square Garden in to ACC knaves in a couple of short years by their own doing. It was there defections that put the final nail in the Big East.
How quickly they have achieved Boston College status.
A little early on cuse. If they don't get any more violations they have their best ever recruiting class coming in. They're having a down year. Give it two years

Reaction Score
Please don't take this wrong because I despise both Cuse and Pitt but after watching our first half against Tulane, saying they are down is a bit crazy even with the suspension on Cuse. Did you watch the Pitt-Cuse game? Both teams are better than we are this year, and they are not powerhouses. They are in a great conference. Are we? They get to play teams ranked in the top 25 constantly. I could go on. We probably will pull this game out but at this point I'm worried about us in 2 years and I'm not bashing them.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Please don't take this wrong because I despise both Cuse and Pitt but after watching our first half against Tulane, saying they are down is a bit crazy even with the suspension on Cuse. Did you watch the Pitt-Cuse game? Both teams are better than we are this year, and they are not powerhouses. They are in a great conference. Are we? They get to play teams ranked in the top 25 constantly. I could go on. We probably will pull this game out but at this point I'm worried about us in 2 years and I'm not bashing them.
They will never out recruit Duke and NC or out coach Patino. They will not win big in this conference which eventually will hurt recruiting,
especially Pitt. Who wants to finish third or fourth forever. So unless they do a UConn run in the NCAA just what are they? Another two teams.

Reaction Score
Uconn is ranked higher this year then both of them by Kenpom.

Uconn is 72
Cuse is 79
Pitt is 94

Pitt is terrible this year.

Reaction Score
Uconn is ranked higher this year then both of them by Kenpom.

Uconn is 72
Cuse is 79
Pitt is 94

Pitt is terrible this year.
Don't care what the numbers say, do you think we are better than them this year?

Reaction Score
Don't care what the numbers say, do you think we are better than them this year?

Hard to say. Let's ask another question:

Do you think UConn could not beat them if they played? I certainly think UConn could play them in a tight one with the chance to come away victorious. The reason? Defense.

Better? Probably not. On par? Possibly.

caw

Reaction Score

Pitt and Cuse are probably in the same area UConn is this year. Not great, not horrible. All three are probably pretty fairly rated by KenPom. 70-100 range. That said UConn is the one underplaying its talent level. UConn has the talent to be much higher rated. Pitt just isn't very good or talented and Cuse has injury/PG issues.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can't speak to Cuse (nor want to), but Artis is a player to watch. Wish we had him. And Pitt has been missing their 6th man all season. They only go 6 deep. Dixon lost at least two games singlehandedly by calling inappropriate TOs. They can beat a top-10 ND and yet lose to a bottom feeding VT.

Reaction Score
Christmas does an Okafor on our bigs, but maybe it could be a teaching post move session.

Reaction Score
Yes, Pitt is terrible. We are better then them and would be favored over them.

Cuse is a toss up

Reaction Score
Every game that Syracuse loses makes their "voluntary" post season ban look more and more ridiculous to the media and to the NCAA. The closer the end up to .500 the more likely the NCAA is to give them another year.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Aren't we in a early season tournament with Cuse next year? Cant wait to see just how great that recruiting class they have coming in is. If they get Thomas Bryant though, it will be great. I just want that tourney bracket to give us a chance to play them. As much as I hate Cuse, I miss playing them. They're so fun to beat.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

I think we are better that both Pitt and Syracuse this year, yes. I think the zone could give us fits, but their zone isnt as strong this year, put DHam at the foul line and Brimah would have more flushes than he did against Coppin State. Boeheim would be up to his elbow in a nose pick by the first TV timeout.

Reaction Score
The last time we played ,a depleted UConn team broke down a Cuse team that would actually make it to the FF.
Our post presence was freshman Phil Nolan.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Watching Pitt absolutely destroy UNC at the moment, up by 22. UNC looks awful. How are they #12?

Then again, Pitt was leading Ville by 6 with 9 minutes left when Harrell took over and Ville went on a 22-2 run, turning the Panthers into pussycats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom