Pitino wants Big East to add Memphis and Temple | The Boneyard

Pitino wants Big East to add Memphis and Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm listening to WFAN, and they just mentioned this in their 20/20 update and I thought i'd share. I personaly agree with this, I wish the Big East would take off the gloves and start getting really aggressive with expansion but no doubt the basketball schools are preventing this from happening.

Reaction Score
Why does Pitino care about what happens to the BE? His school is trying hard to leap WVU to the B12. Memphis football is horrible but they do have a good basketball team. Temple football is rising and a good basketball program. I just don't know what is the potential of both programs in the BE. At this point, I rather have BYU as FB only if we can pull that off.

Reaction Score
I'm listening to WFAN, and they just mentioned this in their 20/20 update and I thought i'd share. I personaly agree with this, I wish the Big East would take off the gloves and start getting really aggressive with expansion but no doubt the basketball schools are preventing this from happening.
They can't be aggressive, no one wants to join the Big East. It is a dead league. The Big Deceased, may it rest in pieces.

Reaction Score
They can't be aggressive, no one wants to join the Big East. It is a dead league. The Big Deceased, may it rest in pieces.

Memphis and Temple would join in a heartbeat. Houston is absolutely pshyched about joining th Big East.

Reaction Score
Memphis has the potential to be decent in football. For one they are in the south and a big time football area. They recruit against and hate Tennessee but there is a big talent pool. The liberty bowl is old but a nice venue. And finally I would go to Memphis just for the ribs and biscuits.

Reaction Score
Memphis has the potential to be decent in football. For one they are in the south and a big time football area. They recruit against and hate Tennessee but there is a big talent pool. The liberty bowl is old but a nice venue. And finally I would go to Memphis just for the ribs and biscuits.
Yeah and what's their academic standing? Or Temple's? Or Houston's?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I have no problem with Memphis joining the Big East Conference.....as long as Memphis is joining the conference as a replacement for UConn as we leave for the B1G or ACC.;)

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Memphis joining the Big East Conference.....as long as Memphis is joining the conference as a replacement for UConn as we leave for the B1G or ACC.;)
I could go along with that too. Only I hope they make Marinatto, Tranghese, and the Providence College endowment pay for those long team bus trips to Tennessee, Houston and Boise.

Reaction Score
Yeah and what's their academic standing? Or Temple's? Or Houston's?
Many years ago I took some (3) courses at what was then Memphis State University. What I can tell you is that the courses, science and english were solid and challenging. They were failing students left and right in the science courses. The professors I had were first rate. What this says about overall academic standing I don't know but Memphis is a pretty big city and a lot of the students who attend are city and area residents who commute although they have their share of boarders. They have graduate school but not medical because UT is actually in Memphis for that. Their SAT averages are not going to be what UCONN's is but with the economy the way it is they have their share of very smart students who can't spend $50,000 to go to Vandy. Not Harvard but probably close to Cincy and Louisville.

Reaction Score
Many years ago I took some (3) courses at what was then Memphis State University. What I can tell you is that the courses, science and english were solid and challenging. They were failing students left and right in the science courses. The professors I had were first rate. What this says about overall academic standing I don't know but Memphis is a pretty big city and a lot of the students who attend are city and area residents who commute although they have their share of boarders. They have graduate school but not medical because UT is actually in Memphis for that. Their SAT averages are not going to be what UCONN's is but with the economy the way it is they have their share of very smart students who can't spend $50,000 to go to Vandy. Not Harvard but probably close to Cincy and Louisville.
Well I guess there is some consolation in that UCONN will be the smartest kid in the class if they join. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom