Pitino tells ESPN he done coaching. | The Boneyard

Pitino tells ESPN he done coaching.

Reaction Score
Can we make him sign some legal document to keep his promise? He already got his payoff from Adidas, but what if Nike or Under Armour approach him offering him a bunch of $$ under the table to coach again?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He sent feelers out to a few NBA teams? Why do I think they replied something along the lines of "Hey, you're not only a proven loser as a head coach at this level, now you're a pariah as well, so, thanks, but no thanks."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He sent feelers out to a few NBA teams? Why do I think they replied something along the lines of "Hey, you're not only a proven loser as a head coach at this level, now you're a pariah as well, so, thanks, but no thanks."
He practically ruined the Celtics - memories aren't that short

Reaction Score
As much as I don’t like Pitino, I do think that people are unfair towards him in comparison to other coaches. I think the chances of him having anything to do with the strippers is pretty unlikely. He was caught paying recruits, but so were other big time coaches who are still coaching. Although mostly circumstantial, why aren’t coaches like Sean miller, bill self, Bruce pearl, turgeon, larranaga, others, not being punished the same way as Pitino?

Reaction Score
As much as I don’t like Pitino, I do think that people are unfair towards him in comparison to other coaches. I think the chances of him having anything to do with the strippers is pretty unlikely. He was caught paying recruits, but so were other big time coaches who are still coaching. Although mostly circumstantial, why aren’t coaches like Sean miller, bill self, Bruce pearl, turgeon, larranaga, others, not being punished the same way as Pitino?

I agree in general. He’s a snake but the game is full of snakes. He could coach again, he’s just too toxic to touch at the moment. UNLV will hire him in a year or 3. As far as his consulting business, if you can get your school to pay the bill, coaches should be all over that. The guy is a great coach.

Reaction Score

Agree. And I think Pitino will coach again. He's only 65. That's the new 50 in coaching. He'll be back by his 70th birthday when the Louisville scandal isn't so fresh anymore, likely at a smaller school.

Reaction Score
Saint Francis of Brooklyn calls for thee.

EDIT: What I love ... "I would never do anything unethical in a building named after my dead brother-in-law Billy Minardi" ... which is frankly - BS. He would do it under the table; he would do it at the horse track; he would do it in front of 20,000. He is what he is.

Reaction Score
He will definitely coach again if he wants to. Most of the AAC schools would hire him in a heartbeat once this all is resolved. It’s not like he’s Dave Bliss.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think the chances of him having anything to do with the strippers is pretty unlikely.

Did he hire them himself? Probably not.
Did he "approve" the parties? Of course he did.
Did he specifically say, "Make sure the strippers are ready and willing to do whatever these kids and their dads want?" Possibly, possibly not.
Did he say, "I don't want details, I want Letters of Intent. Do whatever you think is necessary to get them, but I need plausible deniability?" Probably.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Chances he was unaware are zero. RP's a control freak. Doesn't matter if he didn't make it happen, only matters that he didn't shut it down.

This is a guy who dribbled off his leg in a restaurant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom