Men - Pitching Rotation Week of 4/18 | The Boneyard

Men Pitching Rotation Week of 4/18

Reaction Score
By far, the most important game we play this week is Wednesday night at BC. Highest ranked RPI opponent, only road game, P-5 opponent, chance to end the season 3-1 against P-5 schools and on television other than Flo Sports. By far the biggest game of the week. Peterson pitched on 5 days rest, instead of his normal 6, and showed no worse for wear. For goodness sakes, let’s not stand on norms here. He pitched Thursday last week — let’s move him up one day and give him the ball on Wednesday night. Let Gallagher go Friday, Enzo Saturday and have a staff day on Sunday against the #3 starter from a mediocre team.

We can not lose to BC again, and given OPete threw on Thursday this past week, I see no reason not to hand him the ball on Wednesday night.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's a salient point and honestly given our trajectory in the conference, I think it's a worthwhile risk. I'd sign up for this in a second.

Reaction Score
Tell me if I am wrong, but it seems BC hasn't played since Thursday. They can go their ace, and also have a fully rested bullpen

Reaction Score
Tell me if I am wrong, but it seems BC hasn't played since Thursday. They can go their ace, and also have a fully rested bullpen
BC played a doubleheader @ NC State on Friday (they got swept in the series).

Reaction Score
Nobody is giving us an at-large bid because we beat a mediocre BC team midweek. The RPI bump is negligible. Too much focus on RPI on this board IMO. Huskies are on pace to win 40-plus and be a 2 or 3 seed. Win a double elimination tourney when you are annually the best 1 or 2 teams to cement the bid. That is the reality of where the program is - just as it was in the AAC. All of our opponents have 11.5 as far as I know. Last I checked, we aren’t Vandy despite our ascent. If we win over 45 games, we will likely get an at-large. Nothing is guaranteed each year without the automatic bid for any program. Huskies are doing everything right currently.

Reaction Score

BC played a doubleheader @ NC State on Friday (they got swept in the series).

Thought that was Thursday

BC and NC State also played a game on Thursday in addition to the doubleheader on Friday.

I would be very surprised if BC changes their rotation in a way where their top weekend starter(s) do not get a start in a weekend ACC series. It is more important in terms of their post season chances that they make some noise in their conference.

Reaction Score
Suspect that for the BC game UConn will mainly throw a combination of Cole Chudoba and Ian Cooke for a good chunk of the innings in that game.

As for the UMass game, thinking either Quinn or Alejandro will get the start in what will most likely be a staff game.

Reaction Score
Nobody is giving us an at-large bid because we beat a mediocre BC team midweek. The RPI bump is negligible. Too much focus on RPI on this board IMO. Huskies are on pace to win 40-plus and be a 2 or 3 seed. Win a double elimination tourney when you are annually the best 1 or 2 teams to cement the bid. That is the reality of where the program is - just as it was in the AAC. All of our opponents have 11.5 as far as I know. Last I checked, we aren’t Vandy despite our ascent. If we win over 45 games, we will likely get an at-large. Nothing is guaranteed each year without the automatic bid for any program. Huskies are doing everything right currently.
I agree to an extent but not to your point about the AAC. That was an awesome baseball conference and always got respect and attention. Some years it was 2 or 3 in conference RPI.

Reaction Score
I just cannot see this happening. The downside is huge. If we shift everyone up and then say have a day or two against Villanova and lose a home series in the Big East, we would plummet and lose a ton of respect in the polls. BC is 97 and Nova is at 136 RPI so not a huge difference.

Reaction Score
I agree to an extent but not to your point about the AAC. That was an awesome baseball conference and always got respect and attention. Some years it was 2 or 3 in conference RPI.
My point wasn’t to compare the 2, but to say that good teams in every conference are sweating without winning the auto bid. UConn is in position to win the BE every year for the near future. All the work put in by coaches, players, staff and supporters to get to this point should be appreciated. I for one am enjoying the weekend drubbings the club is putting on old school rivals like SH and the Johnnies. I could care less what their RPI is. Creighton & Xavier are good & will test us. It is shaping up to be an exciting last third.

Reaction Score
My point wasn’t to compare the 2, but to say that good teams in every conference are sweating without winning the auto bid. UConn is in position to win the BE every year for the near future. All the work put in by coaches, players, staff and supporters to get to this point should be appreciated. I for one am enjoying the weekend drubbings the club is putting on old school rivals like SH and the Johnnies. I could care less what their RPI is. Creighton & Xavier are good & will test us. It is shaping up to be an exciting last third.
Gotcha. Yup, I dont care how 'down' St John's may be, that sweep was awesome. And yes, hoping both past and future opponents can keep their trends up and give us a boost. Looking forward to those last two home series. Hope the buzz keeps building on social media and we can pack the stadium!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom