Pistol Paige | The Boneyard

Pistol Paige

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Pistol Pete was a great player, but he never won a championship in college or the pros. Paige is likely to have a bunch before she’s done.

Reaction Score
The comparison of the two really holds no water except if you want to say they were/are both great in their own games. Offensively Bueckers game is more reminiscent of Walt Frazier and it is because of something Geno notes, that Bueckers plays always at HER pace, you can’t make her change that pace, she dictates it completely, so did Clyde.
And I don’t make that comparison lightly, Frazier is my favorite athlete, ever, any sport.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The comparison of the two really holds no water except if you want to say they were/are both great in their own games. Offensively Bueckers game is more reminiscent of Walt Frazier and it is because of something Geno notes, that Bueckers plays always at HER pace, you can’t make her change that pace, she dictates it completely, so did Clyde.
And I don’t make that comparison lightly, Frazier is my favorite athlete, ever, any sport.
But the comparison does hold some water. Thanks to Rashad Milligan and his videos it became clear that Pistol's baseline fade away jumper looks a lot like Paige's. Also their pull up in the lane is very similar. But your comparison to Walt has merit as well. Walt though was not one to curl around screens and he wasn't a big distance shooter.

Reaction Score
But the comparison does hold some water. Thanks to Rashad Milligan and his videos it became clear that Pistol's baseline fade away jumper looks a lot like Paige's. Also their pull up in the lane is very similar. But your comparison to Walt has merit as well. Walt though was not one to curl around screens and he wasn't a big distance shooter.
I wasn’t commenting or comparing by their shot form, if you are, obviously okay. As players they had completely different styles of play, that was my point.
As for long distance shooting, Frazier attempted one 3 in his career as it came into the NBA in his last year in which he appeared in only 3 games. As you are well aware, basketball became a different game with the 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean Paige's fade away jumper looks a lot like Pistol Pete's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom