Pirates of the Carolina ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Pirates of the Carolina ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Wow was the first 15 minutes some ugly basketball.
  2. ECU Coach looks like a guy who got fired from the wholesale plumbing supply and is selling shoes to get by.
  3. If it wasn't for Carlton, the whole first half would have suckked.
  4. Jalen seemed to have no aggression on offense. He was reluctant to take a jumper and missed the ones he did take pretty badly, but even worse, almost all his drives ended in weak desperation dump-offs to guys who weren't really open.
  5. Our rebounding totals looked impressive, but it's easier to be impressive when the opponent doesn't rebound as well as your average, middle of the standings CYO team.
  6. Alteriquay? That's what Flemming called him at one point early in the 2nd half.
  7. What's with almost the whole team going with the Sideshow Bob hairddos? even the few who seem reluctant to commit to it are kind going half-way in that direction.
  8. Sid had fun scoring, which was nice to see, and actually went 5 for 5, including a pair of threes. But he pretty much did nothing else. I don't think he'll ever be a threat on the boards unless he bulks up some, and we'll have to wait and see about whatever defensive abilities he develops. But I won't mind if he keeps scoring that easily.
  9. Brendan Adams stat line doesn't reflect how well he played. He was active and aggressive on D, and mostly kept his man from getting the ball in comfortable position. He also put in the effort on loose balls and such.
  10. Whalley only played 3 minutes. Apparently, he's not doing enough in practice to make Hurley play him.
  11. Smith making the most of the opportunity AG's tender shoulder is providing him.
  12. Carlton had Drummond numbers.
  13. 8 and a half minutes left, it was still a 10 point game. Then CV and Sid hit back to back threes to make it 16 and the rout was on. They never got closer than 14 after that.
  14. I don't care if it was against the JV team at the Sisters of Hope, I can't say I ever saw a 20+ point win coming without AG and JA (not to mention no Yakwe and virtually no Diarra).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom