Pinstripe Bowl | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else shocked at the turnout? We keep hearing about RU delivering NYC and I see a lot of empty seats. Their fans do a great job knocking other teams bowl turnout, and now they have a bowl in their " backyard" and the ISU fans are just as loud as the RU contingent on tv.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, it's clearly not a sellout or anywhere near that. And perhaps the RU internet fanbase deserves some mocking for calling out other BE fanbases... but I don't know if UConn would do much better right now.

Reaction Score
For a team that is considered "local" and considers itself "NYC's college team" Yankee stadium sure looks empty! This is like a home game for them, and there couldn't be better weather in NYC this time of year for this game. Nice non-turnout by the Rutgers fanbase today for this game.

Reaction Score
Well, it's clearly not a sellout or anywhere near that. And perhaps the RU internet fanbase deserves some mocking for calling out other BE fanbases... but I don't know if UConn would do much better right now.
I disagree...the turnout by Rutty fans today really doesn't surprise me at all. They have similiar turnouts for the BE hoops tourny at MSG. I think that place would be packed with Husky fans, especially now that there is a Metro-North train stop at Yankee stadium.

Reaction Score

I don't necessarily think we would do better, but we don't crow about being Nyc's team either. Being nyc college football team is what they claim makes them attractive to other conferences. Yankee stadium holds 46k for football, so its not like the can claim they brought 30k to an 80korder seat venue. If we had a bowl game at Yale would we do better, NYC, Boston? I don't know, but I think we would.

Reaction Score
Where are the casual football fans on such a nice day? There are a lot of Rutgers fans there. And a good turnout of IState fans. What's missing are the non affiliated football fans. That may speak to the economy, the lack of promotion, or it being an afternoon game on a weekday.

Reaction Score
Where are the casual football fans on such a nice day? There are a lot of Rutgers fans there. And a good turnout of IState fans. What's missing are the non affiliated football fans. That may speak to the economy, the lack of promotion, or it being an afternoon game on a weekday.[/quote

Or, it's NYC, which doesn't give a rats ass about college football.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Well it wouldn't be a Greg Schiano coached game without possibly blowing a 2 TD lead in the 4th quarter... so far ISU cut it to 7.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What is a bigger draw, UConn bball in NYC or Rutgers football in NYC?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
RU's defense comes up with an INT in the fourth quarter. Maybe they can't find a way to give this one away after all?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, let's mock Rutgers (in their bowl game) when they buried a team that came to Rentschler and beat UConn. Good call.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to know why the casual football fans aren't at the game, just check the ticket prices.

Reaction Score
Yeah, let's mock Rutgers (in their bowl game) when they buried a team that came to Rentschler and beat UConn. Good call.

And we buried Rutgers this year. What is your point in relation to this thread? They claim they deliver/own NYC. There was a bowl game in NYC involving them. For a team that delivers NYC there were a lot of empty seats there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And we buried Rutgers this year. What is your point in relation to this thread? They claim they deliver/own NYC. There was a bowl game in NYC involving them. For a team that delivers NYC there were a lot of empty seats there.

My point is that it's a bit silly to mock Rutgers' turnout for their bowl game when:

A. They are playing in a bowl game and UConn is sitting home
B. They beat up at team that UConn lost to at home

It's so foolish it's painful, if you want to mock them for the crowd, check the ticket prices - they are plain flat stupid.

Reaction Score
whaler11, the voice of reason in a thread of nonsense.
I'm interested to hear your reason why there were not more Rutgers fans at the game today. Not stirring the pot what so ever here. I would have figured at least 30k easy for you guys.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll defend Rutgers against silliness, but there is no way in hell there was 38k+ at that game.

Reaction Score
This is going to sound crazy, i cannot believe i am typing this. Yep, a very good chance I will regret it in the morning.

I think Rutgers has turned the corner athletically. There, I said it.

Reaction Score
This is going to sound crazy, i cannot believe i am typing this. Yep, a very good chance I will regret it in the morning.

I think Rutgers has turned the corner athletically. There, I said it.

???? Since their immediately prior game? You don't think maybe you are overreacting to a nice win a tiny bit?

Reaction Score
Only point of this thread is that I don't want to hear about any RU is NYC's team ever again. All that crowing about being the city' s team and with a bowl game 45 minutes from their campus their turnout didn't look too spectacular on tv. And everyone took shots at our ticket sales and turnout in AZ last year.

Reaction Score
I'd say UConn's lack of turnout in AZ last year was matched by OU's, and has been further exonerated by both Clemson's & WVU's weak ticket sales to the Orange Bowl this year

as far as RU today, further proof that NY & the northeast as a whole is pro sports territory, cfb is way way down the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom