Ping: Zoo | The Boneyard

Ping: Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@ZooCougar
Yedlin at right back for USMNT? Are you on board yet?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@ZooCougar
Yedlin at right back for USMNT? Are you on board yet?

Not really anyone else to use use there? He still needs to work on his positioning. But he is really not our biggest problem out there.

But really, everyone whining about players being used "out of position" is because that the same people still don't get that we don't have a single world class player.

While we're at it...

Nagbe should be the CAM, Bradley should move back to a box to box role.

Pulisic should start against Bolivia. Just because.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I watched a fair bit of Sunderland this season. It's as if they played a 3+1 instead of a back 4. Yelling was often the odd man out not connected to the other 3. Drifing inside and leaving his wide area responsibility vacant. I doubt that was the strategy.

He was very good 1 v 1, and showed excellent recovering ability, but it was a rare thing for him to venture forward like he did in Brazil. It's almost as if they told him, look don't worry about getting forward, keep you man in front and stay close to the teammate next to you. They treated him like the inexperienced player he is.

He's a lot better than he was in 2015, but still needs work on his entire game except just being fast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I watched a fair bit of Sunderland this season. It's as if they played a 3+1 instead of a back 4. Yelling was often the odd man out not connected to the other 3. Drifing inside and leaving his wide area responsibility vacant. I doubt that was the strategy.

He was very good 1 v 1, and showed excellent recovering ability, but it was a rare thing for him to venture forward like he did in Brazil. It's almost as if they told him, look don't worry about getting forward, keep you man in front and stay close to the teammate next to you. They treated him like the inexperienced player he is.

He's a lot better than he was in 2015, but still needs work on his entire game except just being fast.

The point is that JK should just put him at RB and leave him there.

Reaction Score

I had the similar observation of Yedlin. I am not sure if it's a 3 man line by design with Yedlin afforded the freedom to roam or if Yedlin is just out of position a bunch. I think he just needs a bunch of minutes to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom