Pindell named starting QB | The Boneyard

Pindell named starting QB

Reaction Score
I don't care who starts as long as we are in the win column! I just cant take another development project.....

Reaction Score
I think that is really good news. He won the competition in a short amount of time which means he played well enough to separate himself quickly from the others. That also gives him more reps to get comfortable with the system and the players around him

Reaction Score
I don't think we've had a starting QB announced this early since Zach Frazier

Reaction Score
It's encouraging. Bryant wasn't great, but he was still one of the few 2k yd passers we've had.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This gives me a good feeling about the QB position. We have to believe that there has been an upgrade, and the timing points to a pretty decisive difference between Shirreffs and Pindell.

Reaction Score
Yup. Shirreffs was good enough to get us to 6-6 2 years ago with a poorly coached team around him. If Pindell came in and clearly established he was better from day one, then great.
Watched the QB's exclusively at practice yesterday...Pindell is far and away the best player of that group (was hoping to see Marvin Washington but he wasn't there yesterday). Right now Sherriffs is a clear cut 2. Cant say if Washington is pushing him at all for that spot since he wasn't there yesterday...I guess we will see when depth chart comes out for week 1.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree with everyone here. If Edsall truly saw a clear separation over a two year starter that quickly, it is hard to see it as anything but a good sign.

Locking in 3 of the 5 OL spots is also encouraging. If Randy was as uncertain about the line as we have been all these years, he wouldn't have done that.

Reaction Score
I like the decisiveness. It takes a big question mark off the board and the team has a definite direction. From the article it sounds like HCRE is punching a lot of the right buttons.
Intersting to watch him yesterday at practice..he moved around form group to group..interjecting here and there...but mainly he was an observer letting his position coaches do their thing. Clearly shows me how much he trusts his staff and how he is more of a program manager/supervisor...unlike Diaco who basically coached LB's.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
his HUDL from least year is incredible. Speed and really slings the ball around. I'm so excited for this season to start. When we beat Holy Cross by 35+ it will just make me even more unrealistic about what we can accomplish this year

Reaction Score
his HUDL from least year is incredible. Speed and really slings the ball around. I'm so excited for this season to start. When we beat Holy Cross by 35+ it will just make me even more unrealistic about what we can accomplish this year

The video is private now, but before I saw Pindell's the last time a commit's highlight footage made me say "wow" I was watching Jordan Todman.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The video is private now, but before I saw Pindell's the last time a commit's highlight footage made me say "wow" I was watching Jordan Todman.
Yep, I remember Todman's HS tape. It was ++.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree with everyone here. If Edsall truly saw a clear separation over a two year starter that quickly, it is hard to see it as anything but a good sign.

Locking in 3 of the 5 OL spots is also encouraging. If Randy was as uncertain about the line as we have been all these years, he wouldn't have done that.

Re: the OL, I wouldn't read too much into it. He may have just identified the best of the worst. Doesn't mean they will necessarily be better. I hope they are though.

Reaction Score

He basically "locked" them all in:

>>Edsall also announced that redshirt freshman Cam DeGeorge will be the starting right offensive guard. He will team up on the line with center Ryan Crozier, guard Trey Rutherford and tackles Tommy Hopkins and Matthew Peart, who have started between 9-15 games.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Clear? Its not always clear - but you have to start creating first, second team and scout team units so that have a basis of continuity to take the game plan to the next level. There is still time for more shifting between the three units, but most likely we are talking about one or two players moving between units prior to 8/31 or the real test on 9/9.

By making units they now can start installing a more sophisticated and personnel tailored offense and defense.

Reaction Score
There is value to naming a QB and an OL as early as possible. The QB is the most valuable asset on the field and everyone on the team needs to be in agreement because he is the leader, but the OL is key. The more time the OL has to function as a unit and can get to know how to depend and trust each other the better. Our issues with the OL has been a combination of bad coaching, injury and talent. If the OL can become a functioning UNIT, it will go a long way to improving the offense. QB early is great, OL early is AWESOME!

Reaction Score
Doesn't shock me at all. This is consistent with Edsall s mo. He clearly wanted Pindell so when he got him I was pretty sure it was his job to lose. Edsall mostly picked his starter and hung with him unless there was an injury or really poor performance.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Maybe the QB position is just one less position to worry about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom