Pie Rats II ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Pie Rats II ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Short and sweet review tonight.
  1. Martin, Jackson, Gaffney & Polley 1st half combined 3 of our 4 fouls, 2 of our six TOs, 1 Steal, 2 of our meager 4 dimes, 2 of our 19 rebounds all while shooting a combined 0 of 5.
  2. Same bunch in the 2nd half, managed 6 boards and 6 points. Jackson never attempted a field goal, and the 4 combined for 1 for 7 shooting from the floor for the game.
  3. Whaley and Sanogo, on the other hand, were dominant. 33 points on 15 of 25 shooting, 19 boards, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 3 of our meager 8 assists. and held Mamu in check while negating Obiagu completely. And offensively, Sanogo showed incredible agility and creativity. If those two play like this the rest of the way, we've got quite a few games left in us.
  4. 40 to 28 advantage on the boards.
  5. Bouk seemed hesitant, and his shot was way off. 4 of 13 is not a good look. Still, his late game FT shooting was a big part of our ability to protect the lead. And 16 points, 6 boards, 2 dimes and a steal is not a bad line at all.
  6. And that brings us to Mister "serve up some crow for the Boneyard" Cole. He 'only' scored 14 and had 3 boards and a lone assist. But he's turned into a reliable and indispensable scorer and a heady decision maker. I was a doubter, but now I have to admit that we'd be pretty much dead in the water without him.
  7. Early on, I felt like DH waited too long to stop the clock and try something different with a different lineup. But once he tweaked things a little, it seemed like he was really on his coaching game tonight. The offense/defense changes at the end of the game were textbook perfect.
  8. My no underwear for the game, preceded by not even looking for haiku or prediction threads, much less contributing to them, has been in force for 3 games now. I ain't changing nothing from here on out!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Short and sweet review tonight.
  1. Martin, Jackson, Gaffney & Polley 1st half combined 3 of our 4 fouls, 2 of our six TOs, 1 Steal, 2 of our meager 4 dimes, 2 of our 19 rebounds all while shooting a combined 0 of 5.
  2. Same bunch in the 2nd half, managed 6 boards and 6 points. Jackson never attempted a field goal, and the 4 combined for 1 for 7 shooting from the floor for the game.
  3. Whaley and Sanogo, on the other hand, were dominant. 33 points on 15 of 25 shooting, 19 boards, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 3 of our meager 8 assists. and held Mamu in check while negating Obiagu completely. And offensively, Sanogo showed incredible agility and creativity. If those two play like this the rest of the way, we've got quite a few games left in us.
  4. 40 to 28 advantage on the boards.
  5. Bouk seemed hesitant, and his shot was way off. 4 of 13 is not a good look. Still, his late game FT shooting was a big part of our ability to protect the lead. And 16 points, 6 boards, 2 dimes and a steal is not a bad line at all.
  6. And that brings us to Mister "serve up some crow for the Boneyard" Cole. He 'only' scored 14 and had 3 boards and a lone assist. But he's turned into a reliable and indispensable scorer and a heady decision maker. I was a doubter, but now I have to admit that we'd be pretty much dead in the water without him.
  7. Early on, I felt like DH waited too long to stop the clock and try something different with a different lineup. But once he tweaked things a little, it seemed like he was really on his coaching game tonight. The offense/defense changes at the end of the game were textbook perfect.
  8. My no underwear for the game, preceded by not even looking for haiku or prediction threads, much less contributing to them, has been in force for 3 games now. I ain't changing nothing from here on out!
Welcome to the commando fan zone!

Reaction Score
It was a great performance all around, but I do think we need to acknowledge that Seton Hall is in free fall at this point. They lost to 2 bad teams coming into UConn and at times looked like the gang that couldn’t shoot straight,( or pass or defend or rebound). The only bid on their horizon is the NIT (is that even being played?).

Reaction Score
D- for starting with negatives comments

Reaction Score
It was a great performance all around, but I do think we need to acknowledge that Seton Hall is in free fall at this point. They lost to 2 bad teams coming into UConn and at times looked like the gang that couldn’t shoot straight,( or pass or defend or rebound). The only bid on their horizon is the NIT (is that even being played?).
I agree. Seton Hall looked really bad. UConn looked good, with phenomenal defense, so I'm not saying they won simply because they played an inferior opponent. But, yeah, SHU sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom