Pick the Final Four | The Boneyard

Pick the Final Four

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No update from our (ahem) esteemed experts from the mother ship as of yet this am, however, I'll start the thread with my HHH (head heart hunch) picks in bold:

South Carolina/Creighton (tossup)
Stanford/Texas (tossup)
NC State/UConn
Louisville
/Michigan

I really didn't know where to go with the SC/CU game. I'm picking SC based on entire season body of work, however, Creighton is playing with house money here, they probably had/have no expectations tourney-wise, so they might play looser than SC. As Geno has said many times, the regional final game is the hardest one to win, as you are one game away from the FF, and with all the rankings, accolades and expectations on SC right now, it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
UCONN, Louisville, South Carolina, Stanford.
My backet at the end of 56 games is 41 Wins. The
leader in our "pool' is at 42 wins. The NCAA
"committee" is now at 41 wins out of 56 games.
I , of course, shall root for Creighton GO
Morgan Maley, Go Lauren Jensen!, etc Especially
GO Coach Flannery! . Bluejays
are more important than brackets!!
And " How to you like those Seton Hall Pirates"!!!??
in the WNIT!! Finally the Peacocks in the M NCAA!
Let the games continue! Z

Reaction Score
Despite the rest of my bracket falling to pieces, I'll go with my original FF: South Carolina, Michigan, UConn, Stanford.

I definitely am rooting for Creighton though!

Reaction Score
UConn, South Carolina (hoping Creighton pulls the miracle), Stanford, and Michigan.

Reaction Score
South Carolina (I would love to see Creighton win, but I think South Carolina is going to pull this win out)
Texas (Stanford had impressed me the most the first weekend, but I think Texas pulls off the upset)
UConn
Louisville

Reaction Score
Despite the rest of my bracket falling to pieces, I'll go with my original FF: South Carolina, Michigan, UConn, Stanford.

I definitely am rooting for Creighton though!
Be real, folks. Creighton has no shot. Stanford is a guarantee. The others are toss-ups. I don't thing either Michigan or Louisville are as good as either NC State or UCONN. But one of them gets through. Our game against NC State will require a complete, solid game for UCONN to win. That means; hitting shots; not blowing lay-ups; making fouls shots; few turnovers, and stifling defense. NC State has been one of the best teams in the country all season. And we have had very few such solid and balanced games. We need a fast start. It is going to be hard to watch for those of us who can't stand to see UCONN lose ( me ). My dream; tape the game; wake up and learn that UCONN won; watch the game five times. But I have to watch. Yikes. Happy to be here, right?

Reaction Score
When this Topic Name was Pick the Elite 8, I had made the following choices:

Greensboro
North Carolina/South Carolina
Creighton/Iowa State

Spokane
Maryland/Stanford
Ohio Stat
e/Texas

Bridgeport
Notre Dame/NC State
UConn
/Indiana

Wichata
Tenn./Louisville
South Dakota/Michigan

for the FINAL FOUR this is whom I pick:

SOUTH CAROLINA; STANFORD; UCONN and MICHIGAN

Reaction Score
I have a question for you all. Why are so many choosing Michigan to beat Louisville? Are you really familiar with their records? First of all they played earlier this and Louisville beat them by 22 freaking points. Also Michigan has lost 6 total games -- to us by 22, to unranked Nebraska by 21, to unranked Mich St by 6, to unranked Northwestern by 2, to #21 Iowa by 24 and again to unranked Nebraska by 3. Louisville has lost the first game of the season on a neutral court by 2 point in OT to last year's runner up top 25 Arizona. Then we lost at #4 NCST by 9 -- then at #24 UNC by 1 -- and finally to unranked Miami in the tourney by 2. The same Miami that lost in the second round of this tourney to South Carolina.

So how does Michigan seem like a favored win? We played and beat more top 25 teams than they did, including two 20+ points over ranked Notre Dame and a win over ranked you. Just really trying to find the rationale that obviously I am missing -- even though I worked for years as a data analyst and business/computer teacher.

Reaction Score
I have a question for you all. Why are so many choosing Michigan to beat Louisville? Are you really familiar with their records? First of all they played earlier this and Louisville beat them by 22 freaking points. Also Michigan has lost 6 total games -- to us by 22, to unranked Nebraska by 21, to unranked Mich St by 6, to unranked Northwestern by 2, to #21 Iowa by 24 and again to unranked Nebraska by 3. Louisville has lost the first game of the season on a neutral court by 2 point in OT to last year's runner up top 25 Arizona. Then we lost at #4 NCST by 9 -- then at #24 UNC by 1 -- and finally to unranked Miami in the tourney by 2. The same Miami that lost in the second round of this tourney to South Carolina.

So how does Michigan seem like a favored win? We played and beat more top 25 teams than they did, including two 20+ points over ranked Notre Dame and a win over ranked you. Just really trying to find the rationale that obviously I am missing -- even though I worked for years as a data analyst and business/computer teacher.
same reason that Texas beat Stanford in November and now Stanford beat them. Games in November/December have no relevance now. Louisville has not impressed, they barely beat Gonzaga and struggled vs a Tenn team who had their best player out.

Reaction Score

I actually think it will be Louisville - Stanford in the final.

Reaction Score
So happy to see Vic Schafer get eliminated. His strategy of getting huge people to clog up the middle only gets him so far, at some point you have to have athletes and Stanford has them. That Haley Jones -wow. Brink, Belibi, just awesome. Hard to see anyone beating them unless they have an off night. IMHO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom