Pick and Roll | The Boneyard

Pick and Roll

Reaction Score
Its simple if the pick and roll were executed correctly it can't be defensed in M-M. We pick a lot with the big going out to the perimiter. Most good teams play MM against us a lot.The pick man (big)after the switch has his teammates man on his back and should roll to the basket with his teammates man on his back.
This would help our oft times stagnant offense come to life. It Pisses me off to see that most times our roll man (big)doesn't roll right to the basket and when he does the guard doesn't even look at him.
I can just see Carlton,Whaley or Wilsons man trailing them to the basket as they get a pass for an unopposed slam dunk or at least having a 2 on 1 with another big man. How much fun would that be to watch. Might be fun for the players too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Its simple if the pick and roll were executed correctly it can't be defensed in M-M. We pick a lot with the big going out to the perimiter. Most good teams play MM against us a lot.The pick man (big)after the switch has his teammates man on his back and should roll to the basket with his teammates man on his back.
This would help our oft times stagnant offense come to life. It Pisses me off to see that most times our roll man (big)doesn't roll right to the basket and when he does the guard doesn't even look at him.
I can just see Carlton,Whaley or Wilsons man trailing them to the basket as they get a pass for an unopposed slam dunk or at least having a 2 on 1 with another big man. How much fun would that be to watch. Might be fun for the players too.

You had me believing there was a game on atm...

Reaction Score
Our guys do not set a good pick nor hold the pick. You want them to actually roll too?

Seriously we are to soft to set hard picks.. I see half as# picks so often during games. It would also free up the guards a ton if our guys held their picks with a good stance..

Reaction Score
We only have 1 starting player large enough for a pick and roll Carlton. Cobb has no idea. Our forwards? No. We can pick and roll Gilbert.

Reaction Score
On our team, it's getting in the way and float around.

C

Chief00

I agree the Bigs don’t roll in real time and the guards make no effort to look. Lots of underutilized opportunity.
#ChiefBreakDown

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom