Physical Play | The Boneyard

Physical Play

Reaction Score
This morning the San Francisco Chronicle had an article by Tom FitsGerald titled, "VanDerveer: Refs let play get too rough." VanDerveer is quoted as saying, "I'm for physical basketball, but not to where you can't see basketball,""Every time Alanna (Smith) goes in, she's got two or three people chopping her arms off,...You don't want your best player getting hurt."

Later in the article: "I think everybody knows I like a physical game, but a freedom-of-movement game so people can see the athleticism women have," she said. "John wooden said this: If it becomes too physical, you might as well watch football."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wasn’t she one of the coaches that always played Breanna Stewart very physical? I might be wrong but I remember announcers saying she was beaten up a lot against Stanford.
Stanford was definitely one of the teams that used to play hack a Stewie. I like Tara, but what goes around comes around. I think Meg Gustafson and her coach could tell you a few things right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn’t she one of the coaches that always played Breanna Stewart very physical? I might be wrong but I remember announcers saying she was beaten up a lot against Stanford.
Wasn't KML out for six weeks after playing Stanford?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When the 90-game losing streak ended, in addition to Geno and Tiffany having the flu and Maya possibly being sick, Chiney was on Maya like a cheap suit. It was the Cardinal’s best strategy to win.

Reaction Score
Wasn't KML out for six weeks after playing Stanford?
She had that ulnar nerve contusion she sustained from the Stanford game. I think she landed on her arm during that game and that’s what caused it.

Reaction Score
Tell her to call Shaq and ask him who ever felt sorry for him. Suck it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom