Photos: UConn Women's Basketball Practice | The Boneyard

Photos: UConn Women's Basketball Practice

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"The UConn women's basketball team held an open media practice Friday afternoon in the Werth Family Champions Center on campus as they prepare for their first exhibition game on Sunday, November 4th at Gampel Pavilion."

OK! Perhaps too much enthusiasm! ;):rolleyes:
1540651843282.png

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What punishment is this where they are forced to wear black socks. :eek:
Clearly an Eighth Amendment issue! Is there a lawyer in the house? ;)

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Christyn used to think that Geno is hilarious. Maybe she is reassessing.

750x422

Geno looking like the Grinch that is about to steal ND's Christmas...
Christyn - "really, I can do that?!"
Geno - Doh!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
"The UConn women's basketball team held an open media practice Friday afternoon in the Werth Family Champions Center on campus as they prepare for their first exhibition game on Sunday, November 4th at Gampel Pavilion."

View attachment 35675

I looked at the pics yesterday and this one in particular stood out at me indicating that Coombs is (thankfully) ready to go. I think she'll give some quality minutes and that Geno's go-to bench may be three or four players for the first time in quite awhile.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I’m sure they’re dark blue !! Very different !!

I look good in a dark navy suit but put a black suit coat on me and I look dead ...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'd rather see black socks than black shoes although they are both ugly.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m sure they’re dark blue !! Very different !!

I look good in a dark navy suit but put a black suit coat on me and I look dead ...

Well, if my (and other BY) eyes can't tell the difference, than the difference is small.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

View attachment 35675
As others have mentioned, Coombs looks particularly ripped in this photo. She looks both leaner and stronger.
While we haven’t heard much about Mikayla since she was diagnosed with DVT last season, clearly she also has been putting in some serious work in the off-season.

Last season Mikayla showed us some flashes on defense and with her handle. If she is ready to step up as a regular rotation player this season so that UConn has a solid 3-guard rotation with Crystal, Christyn & Mikayla, UConn becomes a much tougher team to face.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As others have mentioned, Coombs looks particularly ripped in this photo. She looks both leaner and stronger.
While we haven’t heard much about Mikayla since she was diagnosed with DVT last season, clearly she also has been putting in some serious work in the off-season.

Last season Mikayla showed us some flashes on defense and with her handle. If she is ready to step up as a regular rotation player this season so that UConn has a solid 3-guard rotation with Crystal, Christyn & Mikayla, UConn becomes a much tougher team to face.
We know that Mikayla went through stages of activities after being diagnosed. Initially, I think it was no activity at all. During the summer, she could engage in running, but no contact or scrimmages. We heard that she worked on her shot as well. It looks as if she was cleared for lifting. She was fully cleared in late August or early September. Hopefully, she is catching up on her basketball skills. As with Lou's injury, the inactivity is frustrating, but it's an opportunity to do something else, something that also yields benefits. I like Mikayla's quick hands and feet and her speed. I think she can put them to good use.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anyone know the story on Lexi's knee brace. Saw a photo last week with her having one of those rubber knee bands on.

1540676832640.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom