Photos From ND Game Plus Field Hockey Champions | The Boneyard

Photos From ND Game Plus Field Hockey Champions

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Most everything that can be said about the UConn victory, has been posted. Instead, I want to highlight the UConn Field Hockey Team, which was honored at halftime in front of the sellout crowd. What a perfect game to honor the undefeated NCAA champions..!

My seat wasn’t the best because the good ones were triple the price, That is scalpers price which are already higher . I watched from the bar behind one basket. Not the greatest photo angle, but the pictures capture the moment. Best of all, before the game I had my picture taken with Ashley Rich, from the UConn team. She is this year’s Elite 90 Award winner for Academic Excellence. She is the 2nd winner from UConn and joins Maya Moore in that rare honor. She is from Stamford and actually went to my same high school.

This season, the Field Hockey Team went undefeated for the first time in school history and only the 6th time nationally for the sport. Congrats to these Huskies..!!

Link To Photos--Photos From ND Game | Facebook
24297599_1627371343987786_3650652628248269328_o.jpg

Reaction Score
awesome, as always, Danny! thanks so very, very much.

somewhere I saw (was it on the posted game video?) a brief interview with Nancy Stevens, who said how nervous her players were to come out at halftime before such a large crowd. I'm sure their team toils in relative obscurity and even if a largish crowd does come to one of their matches, the outdoor stands will dissipate the noise. Not like the XL. Makes us appreciate even more how calmly the WCBB team can play under those conditions.

BTW, for those who weren't at the game, the scoreboard twice showed a 106 (no typo!) year old fan there in a UConn sweatshirt looking like I'd like to look right about now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom