Photo What is Geno Thinking? | The Boneyard

Photo What is Geno Thinking?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Geno Hands on Head, possibly looking up at the Scoreboard. What is he thinking?

Geno's pose struck me during the live broadcast and my first reaction was.

Even Geno Doesn't believe what this team has done in this game and season

Usually in most tough games, you'll hear Coach speak before the game where Geno says he expects a tough game and there is a possibility of a loss if team doesn't play their A Game. However deep down Geno knows his team will win. I think this year and especially after the So Carolina game, Geno is really Surprised at what this team is accomplishing.

Your Thoughts

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As we start to get older, and Geno is certainly getting older, we all tend to be more reflective. In his actions, as well as his post game comments after the SC game, I sense both surprise and a deep appreciation for what this team has done. There was a similar reaction by Geno after the Baylor game.

Geno knows this can't last forever, not the winning streak, but his career at UConn. While this team is not his most talented, it is a living monument to his coaching greatness and all that he has achieved at UConn.

This season Geno is uncharacteristically stopping to "smell the roses."

Reaction Score
Geno knows this can't last forever, not the winning streak, but his career at UConn. While this team is not his most talented, it is a living monument to his coaching greatness and all that he has achieved at UConn.
Lol, is this what you know or what Geno knows? Don't try to put your thought into his mouth :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
CD is wearing all white? In February?Oh, that's right, it's whiteout day - I was planning to wear my white dinner jacket - totally forgot - is it too late - of course it is. Should I apologize? Or pretend I forgot? What time is it? Why are those people celebrating?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lol, is this what you know or what Geno knows? Don't try to put your thought into his mouth :)
Unless something has changed here at the BY, this board is all about opinions & speculation. Wbbfan1 asked for "your thoughts?" Next time I'll try to preface my thoughts with "IMO." :oops:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I was also struck by this when I saw it during the broadcast and mentioned to my wife that dang, despite his denials, I really think that once the team got through the early gauntlet this season, the 100th win became very important. Perhaps not so much for himself but more likely for his team.

I would also guess that for a limited time, he's glad the monkey will be off the team's back and they can play without as much media attention. Up until they are deep into the NCAA tournament and the "Drive for Five" comes alive.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno Hands on Head, possibly looking up at the Scoreboard. What is he thinking?

Geno's pose struck me during the live broadcast and my first reaction was.

Even Geno Doesn't believe what this team has done in this game and season

Usually in most tough games, you'll hear Coach speak before the game where Geno says he expects a tough game and there is a possibility of a loss if team doesn't play their A Game. However deep down Geno knows his team will win. I think this year and especially after the So Carolina game, Geno is really Surprised at what this team is accomplishing.

Your Thoughts
Pretty much. He's as impressed with what these kids have accomplished as we (most of us anyway) are.

Reaction Score
Unless something has changed here at the BY, this board is all about opinions & speculation. Wbbfan1 asked for "your thoughts?" Next time I'll try to preface my thoughts with "IMO." :oops:

Your post and the repartee that follows reminded me of one of my favorite life sayings
“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.” Oscar Wilde

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
CD is wearing all white? In February?Oh, that's right, it's whiteout day - I was planning to wear my white dinner jacket - totally forgot - is it too late - of course it is. Should I apologize? Or pretend I forgot? What time is it? Why are those people celebrating?

Ah, thanks. I couldn't imagine why a lady was sitting 2 rows off the bench in what looked for all the world like a wedding dress!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While this team is not his most talented, it is a living monument to his coaching greatness and all that he has achieved at UConn.
I've been thinking this all season, but I couldn't have said it better. Geno ought to pick another coach of the year award this season. Not that the kids aren't good players, they are and Gabby is an absolute freak ... uh phenomenal athlete, but this team has big weaknesses and Geno and staff have done a masterful job of hiding them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom