Photo shows that Azzi still wears a boot | The Boneyard

Photo shows that Azzi still wears a boot

sun

Reaction Score
This photo was posted on Facebook as having been taken after the Providence Senior Day game on Feb. 27th.
Some folks there mentioned that Azzi has been spotted wearing a boot after games and practices.
It was reported that she was also seen wearing it at a UConn men's game.
It's believed that wearing the boot is precautionary.
In one interview when asked if her foot problem was resolved she said, "That's what I've been told."
But the way she said it would lead one to believe that she may still have some symptoms.
I guess the photo sort of clinches it.

274892774_10158782774233473_385903649953411002_n.jpg

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
This photo was posted on Facebook as having been taken after the Providence Senior Day game on Feb. 27th.
Some folks there mentioned that Azzi has been spotted wearing a boot after games and practices.
It was reported that she was also seen wearing it at a UConn men's game.
It's believed that wearing the boot is precautionary.
In one interview when asked if her foot problem was resolved she said, "That's what I've been told."
But the way she said it would lead one to believe that she may still have some symptoms.
I guess the photo sort of clinches it.

View attachment 73915
And Nika also limited because of her foot injury to 45 minutes of practice time. This week is a good thing for the team to get healthy.

Reaction Score
I had a torn achilles and finally after the cast was removed I got a boot. I remember moving into a new residence and wearing my boot for safety. The absolute best feature of the boot was that it compressed the area and drastically reduced swelling. The foot and lower leg is so susceptible to swelling because we are upright most of the day and good ole gravity takes effect. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Please do not add me to the BY medical staff.

Reaction Score
if that is a recent picture than perhaps she should be sitting out the first game of the BE Tournament........no sense in risking it getting any worse..............she's going to have to be at the top of her game to help get UConn back into the final four.....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
if that is a recent picture than perhaps she should be sitting out the first game of the BE Tournament........no sense in risking it getting any worse..............she's going to have to be at the top of her game to help get UConn back into the final four.....
WTH people. What's with this sitting players out all the time. We had people saying Bueckers should wait til next year. There might not be a next year, or next game.

This is the BE Tourney and the NCAA Tourney. If they are good to go, then they go. If not, then they don't. They need to be playing together to get their rhythm. There is no well she's good to go, but we are gonna sit her out because, well ....we're cautious. Nobody's 100% this time of year. They are not fragile. They are always in danger of getting hurt whenever they play (or practice). That's the deal with being a college athlete.

Reaction Score
WTH people. What's with this sitting players out all the time. We had people saying Bueckers should wait til next year. There might not be a next year, or next game.

This is the BE Tourney and the NCAA Tourney. If they are good to go, then they go. If not, then they don't. They need to be playing together to get their rhythm. There is no well she's good to go, but we are gonna sit her out because, well ....we're cautious. Nobody's 100% this time of year. They are not fragile. They are always in danger of getting hurt whenever they play (or practice). That's the deal with being a college athlete.
Somehow I just knew I'd be hearing from you..........yes every player has some physical issue by this time in the season.........if Fudd's boot is simply precautionary and she's not in pain that's one thing but if she is in some pain as she was early in the season they should consider holding her back for a few days to heal up a bit more.................Fudd seems to be somewhat in sync with the team these days but I know it's important that she gets those minutes in against a tough team like Providence or Georgetown......if she comes up lame when they're about to play Villanova or another better team I know I won't be happy.....,,.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I had a torn achilles and finally after the cast was removed I got a boot. I remember moving into a new residence and wearing my boot for safety. The absolute best feature of the boot was that it compressed the area and drastically reduced swelling. The foot and lower leg is so susceptible to swelling because we are upright most of the day and good ole gravity takes effect. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Please do not add me to the BY medical staff.
Thanks MD#12Fan. Anyone that has had a physical "experience" that is willing to share it, should not be accused of being a know-it-all, or that their experience was so much like the person in question, they know what the prognosis is, and knows what the best course of action should be. It just gives the rest of us something to compare another person's injury with. Not saying yours is exactly like the person/player in question, but just as a reference.

Most of us here are "mature". We know there's nothing like a "personal" experience. (If you've never had toothache, the gout, a migraine, or plantar fasciitis, you have no idea what it feels like, and thus can't relate to someone that maybe experiencing that particular challenge). The UConn medical staff has an excellent track record of repairing player's injuries.

Look at all of the past UConn athletes that have been under the care of the doctors and trainers at UConn over the years that were treated and were able to return to action. Most without relapse or reinjury. The fact that Azzi is still wearing a boot suggests that she's still under the care of a UConn trainer which is not a bad thing. To me that just means that she won't have any relapses. I'm staying at a holiday Inn tonight. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somehow I just knew I'd be hearing from you..........yes every player has some physical issue by this time in the season.........if Fudd's boot is simply precautionary and she's not in pain that's one thing but if she is in some pain as she was early in the season they should consider holding her back for a few days to heal up a bit more.................Fudd seems to be somewhat in sync with the team these days but I know it's important that she gets those minutes in against a tough team like Providence or Georgetown......if she comes up lame when they're about to play Villanova or another better team I know I won't be happy.....,,.
What if they sit her until the NCAA tournament and she hurts herself in the first game will you feel better because it didn't happen before the tournament? She's dealing with a stress fracture that type of injury only heals completely with months of rest, a few games isn't going to make a difference.

Reaction Score
What if they sit her until the NCAA tournament and she hurts herself in the first game will you feel better because it didn't happen before the tournament? She's dealing with a stress fracture that type of injury only heals completely with months of rest, a few games isn't going to make a difference.
I'd only feel better because they did all they could do...........I think I'm particularly sensitive to these ongoing injuries because my own daughter had them throughout her basketball career and there was always a clash between the head coach (who also happened to be the very successful HS football head coach) and my daughter's doctors.........he would always tell her to suck it up and play because everybody has injuries and they would say she's doing damage every time she steps on the court so she should be held out.........while I know Geno and staff would never throw a player out there if they didn't think they could play, I always wonder whether it's worth it or not depending on the importance of the game.....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let's hope for the best. We really need Azzi going forward the rest of the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Without knowing anything about anything, you're first thought was to sit her out. WTF?

Yea, you're gonna hear from me.

Why don't we put Bueckers and Fudd in bubble wrap until the 4th quarter of some game we are behind in, then I guess you'd be ok with letting them play??

Damn, I'm glad you people have no say in how this team is run.

200w.gif

Reaction Score
Without knowing anything about anything, you're first thought was to sit her out. ?

Why don't we put Bueckers and Fudd in bubble wrap until the 4th quarter of some game we are behind in, then I guess you'd be ok with letting them play??

200w.gif
hmmmmm..........now there's an idea...........hey Geno!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Without knowing anything about anything, you're first thought was to sit her out. ?

200w.gif
Did you not read the bodyguard thread? ;)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

You don't remember Popovich sending his best players home before the Spurs finished a road trip because they were tired? Coaches take care of players. I certainly hope you are not in a supervisory position at work. And, if you are, how's that turnover rate?

Reaction Score
You don't remember Popovich sending his best players home before the Spurs finished a road trip because they were tired? Coaches take care of players. I certainly hope you are not in a supervisory position at work. And, if you are, how's that turnover rate?
He sent them home because they were old and needed rest. Azzi is 19 years old and just came back from over a month of no playing time. If she wasn't ready to play they wouldn't have brought her back at all. She's just now getting her rhythm and confidence back why would you interrupt that on the off chance she'll get injured again? That could happen at any point no matter how cautious you are.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse struggled with an ankle injury at the end of the 2016-2017 season. Both KLS and Gabby Williams were far less than 100% at the end of the 2017-2018 season, KLS having ankle surgery shortly after the season was over. KLS struggled in the post-season with a back injury incurred on Senior Day of the 2018-2019 season, and Crystal had hip surgery following the end of that season.

Shea was out with an ACL in 1997. She was out again in 1998, as was Nykesha. Bird was out in 1999 with an ACL. In 2001, both Svetlana and Shea were out.

Tuck missed the end of the 2014 season, and KLM also missed a lot of time that season.

So, the point is that injuries are nothing new. In some cases, they mean a player is done for the season but in many others, they soldier on.

And weirdly, with all of the injuries incurred by the 2021-2022 team and the time missed, they actually seem (except for Aubrey, a significant loss) pretty healthy right now. Certainly healthier than in some of the seasons mentioned above.

At this point I think putting the various pieces together and developing cohesive groups to play against different styles of play is more of a challenge than the injuries.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He sent them home because they were old and needed rest. Azzi is 19 years old and just came back from over a month of no playing time. If she wasn't ready to play they wouldn't have brought her back at all. She's just now getting her rhythm and confidence back why would you interrupt that on the off chance she'll get injured again? That could happen at any point no matter how cautious you are.
Agree, but you misinterpreted my post. I was responding to another post who commented that you just let them play. I was pointing out that Pop determined it wasn't in the best interest of his players to have them play and even sent them home early to recover. The days to 'walk it off' are pretty much done and those who feel that it still exists are displaying a lack of concern for the player. I caught baseball with a cracked thumb and never missed an inning. Can you spell arthritis. I played during the 'rub some dirt on it', 'walk it off', 'tape it and get back in' era and I have friends who 50 years later are still trying to 'walk it off' only with a cane.

Reaction Score
Agree, but you misinterpreted my post. I was responding to another post who commented that you just let them play. I was pointing out that Pop determined it wasn't in the best interest of his players to have them play and even sent them home early to recover. The days to 'walk it off' are pretty much done and those who feel that it still exists are displaying a lack of concern for the player. I caught baseball with a cracked thumb and never missed an inning. Can you spell arthritis. I played during the 'rub some dirt on it', 'walk it off', 'tape it and get back in' era and I have friends who 50 years later are still trying to 'walk it off' only with a cane.
But Popp played them during playoff time even if they were ahead 3-0 with one game left and not in much danger of losing the series.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, not really. Haven't followed NBA much for quite awhile. Not in supervisory role at this time. Used to be at other jobs. I'm more at a riding off into the sunset position, now. But in past supervisory roles I've always been a hands off, let them do their jobs type of supervisor. Never had problem with turnover.

If that's what you're going on about, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a poster who has no idea when the picture was taken, why she's wearing a boot, what the Dr's/trainers have said, how she feels, or anything else about the situation, but is still saying she needs sit out........because????

If she's good to go, fine, she can go. If not, then sure sit her out. But to sit her out just because you want to save her for later, that's stupid. That's a real good way to piss off players....and get turnover.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom