Phoenix Summer Recs? | The Boneyard

Phoenix Summer Recs?

Reaction Score
Just booked five nights in Phoenix from Late June to Early July. We try to avoid visiting my in-laws in the summer, but not seeing them for 18 months Mrs. Hey Adrien! wanted to head out there, so I wanted to support that. Also, my mother-in-law is recovering from both her fourth bout with breast cancer AND ankle surgery, so she's been pretty immobile despite positive strides in her rehab.

LOVE visiting Phoenix in the winter to appreciate all of their outdoor offerings, but any summer recs in the Phoenix area that are indoors? We've already been to the MIM (loved it) and we're both over visiting Old Town Scottsdale. Each time, we usually road trip somewhere for a night or two (loved Flagstaff and Tucson was cool), but doubtful that'll happen this time around.

We'll definitely check out a Diamondbacks game and hoping to get a hook up with good seats since the Giants are in town (niece is best friends with a girl whose father has a prominent role within the Giants org), but I enjoyed out seats in the outfield a few years ago. @AZHuskiePop and help from any others would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My In-laws live in Phoenix along with one of my sister in laws.

I cannot think of a single thing I would want to do around Phoenix outdoors in June or July. Whatever it is, do it early and get inside or do it around dusk/sunset.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
But it's a dry heat ;-)

I've actually played golf out there when it was 106F. Just hydrate a lot if you're outside. I honestly have no idea what else to do there but golf and eat. I did once take a hot air balloon ride so I could see miles and miles of nothing. Thankfully my wife's employer paid for that.

On the eating part, if you haven't been to Pizza Bianco yet, you must. And Vincent's at Camelback is one of my favorite restaurants in the country. It's a marriage of Southwestern flavors with French cooking technique.

Reaction Score
I was there in late June 4 years ago for business. It was 121 when we touched down -- any warmer and we would not have been able to land that particular plane.

I went outside for a walk around the hotel grounds at 10:00 pm. It was still 99 degrees.

Only place worse than that was Delhi in late May.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From April-September. ....

FB_IMG_1622566470706.jpg

Reaction Score
We’ve visited over the summer once before, so I know what I’m getting myself into...haha.

Just happy to see the family.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We’ve visited over the summer once before, so I know what I’m getting myself into...haha.

Just happy to see the family.
Sadly, the only things I would have mentioned to do- Go to Flagstaff, Go to the hills of Scottsdale or make a run down to Tucson were all things you said weren't in the realm for this trip.

Best of luck on the trip and congrats on being able to visit and see family.

Reaction Score
Landed last night. Got lucky with the timing as we’re escaping a nasty heat wave in CT (our 1890 house doesn’t have HVAC) and will return on Sunday to much cooler weather.

Shouldn’t be much higher than 100 when we’re here. Was close to 120 last week and hit 122 last time we were here in the summer.

Felt good to fly for the first time since covid. Maybe it’s just me, but the whole process at JFK and everything on the airplane (Delta) felt calmer than most flights that I’m used to. More patience, people more polite. Good to see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Landed last night. Got lucky with the timing as we’re escaping a nasty heat wave in CT (our 1890 house doesn’t have HVAC) and will return on Sunday to much cooler weather.

Shouldn’t be much higher than 100 when we’re here. Was close to 120 last week and hit 122 last time we were here in the summer.

Felt good to fly for the first time since covid. Maybe it’s just me, but the whole process at JFK and everything on the airplane (Delta) felt calmer than most flights that I’m used to. More patience, people more polite. Good to see.

My in-laws were at my house and just flew back home to Phoenix yesterday. Yes, it was roasting hot last week in Phoenix. 115+ every day. They were relieved temps for the next week will hover around 100.

Reaction Score
Just bowed out of a floating tube river trip with Mrs. Hey Adrien, her dad and sister.

Wife is pretty mad I’m bailing but 4-5 hrs floating down a river in 100+ heat and midday summer sun sounds like my own personal nightmare.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom