Philly Cheesesteaks | The Boneyard

Philly Cheesesteaks

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In central Philly at the moment. Looking for the best that don't use cheese wiz. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Bit south of Central Philly but @ Tony Luke’s and Jim’s Cheese Steak (on South St) you can get your steak topped with your choice Provolone, American cheese or plastic Cheez.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I’d say Tony Luke’s. It’s a chain, but it’s pretty good.

Also, I second the Denic’s recommendation. The Brisket is amazing.

Reaction Score
Bit south of Central Philly but @ Tony Luke’s and Jim’s Cheese Steak (on South St) you can get your steak topped with your choice Provolone, American cheese or plastic Cheez.
I second Jim’s, on South Street. Provi.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I did some work north of philly a few years ago, and there was a deli that made the most incredible cheesesteak I have ever had, although I would feel it for about a day afterward.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I did some work north of philly a few years ago, and there was a deli that made the most incredible cheesesteak I have ever had, although I would feel it for about a day afterward.
Name?

Reaction Score
Best cheesesteak I had was Dalessandro's Steaks. It's not in downtown but worth the drive

Agreed... I stayed away from suggesting that because it’s kind of squirrelly to get to from Downtown. Their Italian Hoagie and Antipasto Salad are awesome too..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jim's on South Street. Good steak, no wiz unless you ask for it and a decent place to go sit and eat (upstairs.) I enjoy South Street anyways.

Reaction Score
There are so many better places to eat in Philly. I have to agree. I haven’t been to Denic’s but I’m going to now.
Good Dog has the best burger and is just damn cool.
I love Jones for just comfort food (I’m a big Steven Starr person, though).

Reaction Score
Get the Italian pork. Best in the city.

Reaction Score
Is it pats and Genoa next to each other down town? Pats meats are better but the bread is better at gs

Reaction Score
I grew up in eastern PA. I and a lot of my friends were always of the opinion that the best cheesesteaks were at some of the neighborhood bars and mom and pop shops in some of the suburbs.

Reaction Score
I grew up in eastern PA. I and a lot of my friends were always of the opinion that the best cheesesteaks were at some of the neighborhood bars and mom and pop shops in some of the suburbs.
I second this. But the OP was downtown.

Reaction Score
Best thing about Jim’s is they’re the only cheesesteak joint with a beer license. At least that was the case a few years ago. An ice cold
cheap High Life bottle only ramped up the cheesesteak experience.

Reaction Score
In central Philly at the moment. Looking for the best that don't use cheese wiz. Thanks.

Lived in KOP for a 6 month rotation until March and just got back to CT from a weekend Philly trip. I tried Paesano’s today in Fishtown. It’s pretty good, but not the best I’ve had.

Jim’s or Tony Luke’s for more South-Central Philly. John’s Roast Pork has a good cheesesteak too. Dinic’s Roast Pork sandwich in Reading Terminal is center city but no cheesesteak. Dalessandro’s for a bit outside the city. Woodrow’s is probably my favorite because of their Truffle Wiz but sounds like that’s not an option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom