Philly Cheesesteaks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Philly Cheesesteaks

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Best thing about Jim’s is they’re the only cheesesteak joint with a beer license. At least that was the case a few years ago. An ice cold
cheap High Life bottle only ramped up the cheesesteak experience.

Yes, 100%. Only difference is Id get a St. Pauli Girl,

Also I dont get the whiz hate. To me whiz is the best cheese on a real cheesesteak. I dont go out of my way in life to seek out cheezwhiz, but its use in a cheesesteak is perfect. The saltiness and the meted dripiness is such a huge part of the cheesesteak alchemy. "Whiz with". Nothing more needed

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Did Philly the other month. DiNics was good, but not a cheesesteak. Best cheesesteak I had was Dalessandro's Steaks. It's not in downtown but worth the drive.

Dallesandros is excellent

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Well this is convenient. I'm sitting in Philly right now so I'll try some of these places out.

Reaction Score
Lived in KOP for a 6 month rotation until March and just got back to CT from a weekend Philly trip. I tried Paesano’s today in Fishtown. It’s pretty good, but not the best I’ve had.

Next time, try the "Paesano". Brisket with horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperocini, sharp prov and a fried egg. You won't need dinner if you get it for lunch.

Reaction Score
Next time, try the "Paesano". Brisket with horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperocini, sharp prov and a fried egg. You won't need dinner if you get it for lunch.

Lol I can EAT :)

I split everything with my fam. I had a 1/2 Paesano, a 1/2 roast pork, and a 1/2 cheesesteak. All 3 were good but that’s how’d I rank them in order.

Reaction Score
Go down to 9th and passyunk and get one from pats and one from genos. I initially thought whiz would be gross but they are superior.

Reaction Score
Anyone tried G Steaks on Park Street where Lenas used to be ? I’ve heard some really good things — def going to be stopping by next time I’m up that way.

Reaction Score
Anyone tried G Steaks on Park Street where Lenas used to be ? I’ve heard some really good things — def going to be stopping by next time I’m up that way.

I didn’t know anything moved in there. Is it just the Lenas part or Sullys too?

Reaction Score
Go down to 9th and passyunk and get one from pats and one from genos. I initially thought whiz would be gross but they are superior.
You can get provi or American at Genos and Pats. I’d still lean Jim’s on South Street.

Reaction Score
Always strange to see people dissing the Philly cheese, it's an awesome sandwich.

The PA Coal region barroom cheesesteaks were/still are way better than any Philly style steak sandwich that I have ever tasted, either in Philadelphia itself or Clearwater at Phillies spring training games.....overpriced and overhyped. To those who know better, it is easy to diss the Philly slop

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom