Phillip Nolan; I saw you | The Boneyard

Phillip Nolan; I saw you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Phil quadrupled his stats and some. It was like night and day.

He played great . . . . . Phillip Nolan standards. Can't complain, he gave much more than expected and against a quality opponent. I saw him get one rebound directly (not on tips, loose balls, etc.). He boxed out and 'got' the ball. He also seemed to play with some confidence and like he knew he belonged.

Keep it up!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Without the phantom foul calls (he's the Rodney Dangerfield of college basketball) he'd have had an even better game. As usual, he didn't light up the box score but gave us 19 solid minutes of good play.

Reaction Score
I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed Phil, played a hell of a game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Best coaching move KO made was playing DHam at the four alongside AB against smaller teams and PN at the four with AB against teams with a bigger inside presence. I see a lot of potential in Kentan but he still struggles knowing what to do on both ends of the court.

PN is a much better four than a five.

Reaction Score
Phil has been playing very well on D since around the 1st Tulane game, its why he's now starting. Phil is probably never going to post nice stat lines, but I wished more of our fanbase paid attention to how he moves on D and defending ball screens so they could see what value he adds.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Helluva game from Phil! He refused to get pushed around went up strong for the boards and a few times he may have been outta position but thru effort alone made the smart tap to one of his teammates. Plus he may be the best at drawing the charge that I've ever seen in a husky uniform. To me, those charges are better and more valuable than straight steals, because not only is it a turnover but also a foul drawing us closer to the bonus.

Phil.... Keep it up brotha, all I can ever ask of our boys is effort and you provided it today my man

Reaction Score
Phil's effort level has picked up. We aren't perfect but everyone is rowing in the same direction now. Imagine if we had Kennedy on our side.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
It is not accident that Pervis and Nolan had their best games of the year. When Purvis is scoring in bunches and not tossing the ball into the second row, this means Ollie doesn't need scoring from the 4,5 spot. So, now the little things such as taking a charge, moving your body on help defense and setting a pick become useful. But, when no one is scoring, Nolan's negatives truly shine.

Reaction Score
screen setting was nice. its why the likes of hamilton/purv/boat were coming off the baseline screens action. He is excellent side to side just not a good rim protector at all

C

Chief00

Granted he gets an occasion charge but I much prefer a Big to stay on his feet.

Reaction Score
Yes, definitely help having PN play big for us today. He actually outplayed AB on the defensive side. I hope AB can get some of PN's strength for next year. Props for PN doing a 360 from a few weeks ago where people were hoping RL would replace him in the rotation. PN plays great position defense.

Reaction Score
It isn't a coincidence that we've been getting off to better starts since Ollie inserted Phil into the starting lineup. Also not a coincidence that we're 3-0 since then. I've suspected for a while that Phil is better suited for the four than the five, and unfortunately, the bullet he has taken for the team in terms of battling grunts in the post has been misinterpreted by many as him not being able to play.

Reaction Score
I can't believe im saying this, but phil played great today. ive never seen him box out as physically as he did today. Still had a few phil fouls in the second half but he gave us a great effort today

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Phil played a great game today. Reminiscent of the Phil from last year's run in the tournament.

We don't need him to fill out the box score, because the things he can do effectively won't show up there.

The one thing through it all to me is that Phil always plays with passion and you just get the sense it really means something to him to be a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom