phil steeles picks | The Boneyard

phil steeles picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I swear I do not know what to think of tomorrow... I want the win badly for the team, but I have this lingering fear that Nuzie is kicking and our QB is all over the road.

I need kickoff...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I swear I do not know what to think of tomorrow... I want the win badly for the team, but I have this lingering fear that Nuzie is kicking and our QB is all over the road.

I need kickoff...

agree. i feel like the whole season rides on this weekend. if we win, then theres a good shot at 5-0 heading into BE play. if we lose, then i'm not sure at all where we stand. i have good faith were a 8 win team. 2moro tells me if we are more than a 8 win team, if were a 8 win team or if my thoughts are over the top and were not as good as i thought. just a lot riding perception wise on this game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I need kickoff...

I hate this. Nuzzi wasn't a punchline. He won this game for us when he was here.

Reaction Score
We have faced this point during many seasons. We are due.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I hate this. Nuzzi wasn't a punchline. He won this game for us when he was here.
I loved Nuzie too, but never knew what to expect.

Reaction Score
link

uconn by 1

Yeah I heard him this morning too and couldn't help but think that he just gave us the kiss of death!

But Rondogg is right, we have been in this position before, they need to man up and put it all together because this is a critical game.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I need kickoff...

I think is the game that is going to give us a lot more info about how good we are.

I think we have a chance to dominate NC State. If so, we are going to be a good to very good team.

Reaction Score
Fair or not, I always had the feeling of supreme confidence for anything over 40 yards, 30-40 was a pick 'em, and under 30 I was crapping myself. That was just the sense I had with him.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Starting 1-0 by whomping a team in their first FBS game is not enough to judge a team on. If they blow out NC State then it could be a special year. If they win a close one it'll be an 8 or 9 win season (which is nothing to complain about given the overall state of the program). If they lose a close one it'll be 7 or 8 wins. Lose by double digits and I'll just be hoping to go bowling.

So basically, it's hard for me to confidently say too much about the team at this point. In about 24 hours I'll have a much better idea of what to expect.

Reaction Score
Fair or not, I always had the feeling of supreme confidence for anything over 40 yards, 30-40 was a pick 'em, and under 30 I was crapping myself. That was just the sense I had with him.

some kickers have more problems with the sharp angles than the distance. i think most kickers would rather 40 yards straight down the middle than 20-25 from a hash mark.

as much as people seem to want to rag on him lately, didn't he hit something like 20 in a row at one point?

Reaction Score
I think is the game that is going to give us a lot more info about how good we are.

I think we have a chance to dominate NC State. If so, we are going to be a good to very good team.

Couldn't agree more. IF our D takes them to the wood shed I am gonna be driving a lot of people up here in MA nuts (or more than usual) with the UConn talk! I'll be happy with them making them one dimensional and our O coming together and showing us they can consistantly carry their own weight to the victory.

Reaction Score
I've met Nuzie. Great guy with a good sense of humor. We have a mutual friend, she introduced me as a big fan of the program and the first thing he said was "I probably cost you some money". How can you not like a guy who makes fun of himself immediately after an introduction?

IIRC he was much more consistent at the end of his career. He wasn't Dave Teggart, but he wasn't horrible either. He definitely won some games for us.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
some kickers have more problems with the sharp angles than the distance. i think most kickers would rather 40 yards straight down the middle than 20-25 from a hash mark.

as much as people seem to want to rag on him lately, didn't he hit something like 20 in a row at one point?
I always felt Nuzie would have had an outstanding career at UConn if the hashes in college were the same as the NFL hashes.

Reaction Score
Nuzie had a perfectly fine college career kicking field goals. He did miss an inordinate amount of PATs, which I think was part of the reason why people were so hard on him. That and the fact that based on our fanbase's experience watching football, everyone expected him to be NFL quality.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That was it. He had problems from that right hash.

Reaction Score
Starting 1-0 by whomping a team in their first FBS game is not enough to judge a team on. If they blow out NC State then it could be a special year. If they win a close one it'll be an 8 or 9 win season (which is nothing to complain about given the overall state of the program). If they lose a close one it'll be 7 or 8 wins. Lose by double digits and I'll just be hoping to go bowling.

So basically, it's hard for me to confidently say too much about the team at this point. In about 24 hours I'll have a much better idea of what to expect.
Somehow national media can't stop blathering about UCLA for beating rice... Isn't Rice division 3?

Reaction Score
I've met Nuzie. Great guy with a good sense of humor. We have a mutual friend, she introduced me as a big fan of the program and the first thing he said was "I probably cost you some money". How can you not like a guy who makes fun of himself immediately after an introduction?

IIRC he was much more consistent at the end of his career. He wasn't Dave Teggart, but he wasn't horrible either. He definitely won some games for us.
He played in the Dennis Hernandez memorial golf tourney a few( i think 3) years back. Seemed like a real nice kid with a great personality. My son ( who played in the tourney) was entering his freshman year at UConn and he was extremely nice to him. Great kid in my book.

Reaction Score
Nuzie was great until we had that horrible rash of blocked kicks. I think it affected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom