Phil Steele was on WTIC... | The Boneyard

Phil Steele was on WTIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Upon questioning by Andy Gresch, Steele predicted that he thinks that UConn will win 4-5 games with a possibility of 6 if they can pull off some upsets. Likes the amount of returning lettermen & was gushing over
Andreas Knappe.

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
I think 4-5 wins...with us not getting blowout and totally out played in any losses will be a successful season after last years debacle.

That would be a hugely successful season.

Reaction Score
Really hard to make a prediction without any idea what our QB will look like. If we happen to have a surprisingly good QB things could be very interesting. We have some serious talent in our stable of backs. They can run and catch and they should be all over the field if the pass threat is there.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
5 wins is something to build off of, especially considering that's how many games we won in the last 2 seasons. I could see us getting as high as 7 wins. I could also see a scenario where we win 2 games. It is preseason and we're undefeated, so I'm optimistic and shooting for 5 wins.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would like the 4-5 wins to come before November. Even if they don't get to 6 and a bowl, I want November games to have meaning. I want them to realize the games matter and that outcomes of individual games can greatly improve their future. Last year's season was a wash by October.

Reaction Score
With one of the toughest schedule in college football, 4-6 wins would be a HUGE improvement.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We get 6 wins and people will be gushing about Diaco next year- he'll be in the coversation for P5 school open jobs I bet. But the even more important part is that we'll be back in the national conversation again, playing football during the holidays!

FWIW- Here is the AAC's bowl lineup for 2015:

Birmingham Bowl (We've been there, done that, got the 'W' and the t-shirt... Horrible stadium and host city for us, but its a bowl game.)
Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC

St. Petersburg Bowl (Terrible conference to play, but who wouldn't mind Tampa/St. Pete in December?)
St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA

Miami Beach Bowl (Hey, it could be Beach 'Brawl' 2.0?)
Miami, Fla. – vs. Conference USA

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (Would be kind of fun to beat an ACC school, plus playing in cold weather in Maryland would be neat I think...)
Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl (Come'on who wouldn't want to see Andres Knappe wearing a grass skirt and coconut bra during bowl week media day? Oh, plus, think of the awesome bowl parties you could have at home- hawiian tiki drinks and pinapple bbq pork chops...mmmmm)
Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West

Boca Raton Bowl (Another snooze of a bowl game against a weak conference, but hey- its a bowl game, and we have to start somewhere again... Also not a terrible place to be in December.)
Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. MAC

Cure Bowl (Ok, you know our boys will be at Walt Disney World at some point. And if they can't make the College FB Playoffs to make it there, this might be second best? Plus, cheap, direct flights from Bradley, and a million of hotels to get great deals.)
Orlando, Fla. – vs. Sun Belt

Reaction Score
Honestly, how would Steele know much of anything about Knappe? Kind of silly......

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
I think 4-5 wins...with us not getting blowout and totally out played in any losses will be a successful season after last years debacle.

Those would have to be 5 charming M-F wins.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would gleefully skip my way towards the ticket office next year to renew my season tickets if we won 5 games this season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Five bucks for a 24oz draft is not horrible.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but we will be 5-2 after our first 7 games, with our only losses to Mizzou and BYU both on the road.
I'm going out to Mizzou and BYU. We won't lose out there due to a lack of vocal support. Come join the crowd. The last part of our season will see a packed and reinvigorated Rent. That will get us the media attention so vital to our future. UConn 38--Nova 17 will start us off on a great Thursday night debut of UConn redux. This is a much improved Husky team. Get excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom