Phil Martelli being surprised with being fired | The Boneyard

Phil Martelli being surprised with being fired

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Why was Phil Martelli surprised by being fired? I have fired people in my business career but none of them were surprised. I followed the EEO guidelines. If an employee including a contract employee is underperforming, why quietly "watch game film" and not talk to the person. If you are new and are displeased with an employee's or contractor's performance, why not meet with them and discuss the issues and perhaps after a few talks formulate a plan of improvement with reasonable but challenging goals that must be attained. Why sit in ambush and fire the person without working with them? I guess I don't understand academia. Actually I guess I have an idea. An employee (Phds in Computer Science and Bio-Engineering) was leaving academia to return to industry. I hired her from a well thought of university. She told me she disliked corporate politics but found the politics in academia far worse. Are there lawyers on this board who can address the standing of an independent contractor under the EEO laws? How are independent contractors under the EEO law treated similarly and differently from full time company employees? I am almost 19 years removed from my business life, so my knowledge is out of date relative to the EEO guidelines/laws. And what I do remember, I no longer trust as being accurate.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
To me, Martelli WAS St. Josephs basketball. He was there a very long time. Didn't seem that long ago that St. Joes was #1. I was surprised he was fired.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As an alumni of an A10 Team, yes Phil IS St.Joe’s basketball but also, it was time to move on. His last
3 years were abysmal for conference play and I don’t think his last 3 recruiting classes have anyone to really improve the situation. That said, his did win the league title 4 years ago. I wonder if something else is going on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom