Pheesa Playing Saturday Night! | The Boneyard

Pheesa Playing Saturday Night!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I missed that and got it from one of my fav Huskies:

I know it doesn't mean she has made a final cut. Heck, maybe half of the current squad of 15 make way for WNBA players.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What's the deal with the broadcast? NBA TV says they're broadcasting it, but there's a 25-year-old NBA game on. Kaizen's link isn't working either.

Reaction Score
What's the deal with the broadcast? NBA TV says they're broadcasting it, but there's a 25-year-old NBA game on. Kaizen's link isn't working either.
Link works for me. It is 28 Canada to 12 USA now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Canada. Stable, well practiced year round team. USA, slap it together and hope it works, and mostly it does. Now CA 32 US 16 with 4 to play in first half.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

In NYC, NBA-TV has the game. Some type of blackout (if you are in CN?) ?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My cable somehow got NBA TV delayed. Weird, it's on now. Ugly but I'm enjoying seeing it. Kia's been really good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Staley talks Pheesa:

“Any time you can be around these players, it's going to benefit you,” national team coach Dawn Staley, also South Carolina’s coach, said after a Team USA workout at the Knicks practice facility. “I don’t think the pace of the game bothers her. I think just being able to play with other players and seeing how your game fits in [is important]. With Napheesa, she plays hard all the time. There's no big transition there. She understands the game, so there really isn't any transition there. What's missing is just her being out here, experience. Which she's getting.”

Mike Anthony: Napheesa Collier Gaining Wealth Of Experience With Team USA

As does Jen:

“It's about the subtleties,” said former Hartford and now George Washington coach Jen Rizzotti, a Team USA assistant. “There are not a lot of players who outwork her. She's a UConn kid. She knows when to cut. She knows when to stop and post up. She knows when to screen. She knows when to attack. The intelligence and effort and work ethic are there. But some of these guys, the subtleties of how they make a 1-on-1 move — you have to be able to put the ball in the hole at the end of the shot clock. Some of the ways they move or come off a screen, or attack a handoff, or force a switch, those are things the college kids don't understand yet. It’s less scripted and more instinctive. You have to challenge yourself, like, 'I've been able to do it this way all the time but now I'm going to have to be more flexible.’”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Register article on Pheesa with an interesting slant from Dolson on the pro game.

UConn’s Collier busy learning from veteran players on U.S. team

“Coming out of college, there’s so much you have to learn when you play with pros,” Dolson said. “One of the things I’m trying to teach her is basically slowing down a bit. You know, we’re faster up and down the court than college, but when you’re playing you want to go a little slower. Everyone’s really good at everything.

“In college, you’re used to cut, cut, cut, cut — you don’t stop moving. I’m just trying to help her, especially when she’s playing with me, to not cut as much or as quickly because of spacing.”

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It was great to see Pheesa in during crunch time. It was she, Plum, Clarendon, Williams, and Wilson for virtually the entire fourth quarter when they pulled it out. I dunno if they’ll keep her, but they’re sure taking a long look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom