Pheesa Makes Her Case | The Boneyard

Pheesa Makes Her Case

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Napheesa Collier had re-entered the game midway through the third quarter, and with the University of Connecticut senior forward on the floor, the Americans began to finally show some life. So Staley stayed with what was working and she was rewarded for her faith.

Collier was here, there, and everywhere down the stretch, contributing a key rebound basket and two free throws in a game-closing 22-6 run as Team USA defeated Canada 74-68 in an exhibition game before a crowd of 3,258 at Webster Bank Arena.

"When it was so close at the end of the game, I knew that I didn't want to be the one to let my team down," Collier said. "So I wanted to try to make every play, complete every pass where it should be, and do things like that to help us win. I understood where certain people wanted the ball and when they wanted it. We are starting to learn about each other and where we are going to be successful so we tried to use that to our advantage today."

UConn's Collier making her case in Team USA bid

This from Carol Callan, national team director:

"She held her own. It's not like she is not going to be on this team. She is in the mix for it, and we will see what happens."

Finally, Phee:

"The level of aggression and the level of intensity they play with all the time is a lot different than in college," Collier said. "So bringing that back to UConn will really help. I don't think anyone in college plays that way. So if we can do that it will help separate us even more from other teams."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom