Phee Wins Again! Now Leads AAC POW Honors With 8 | The Boneyard

Phee Wins Again! Now Leads AAC POW Honors With 8

Reaction Score
Coach Crichlow told yall years ago. Phessa is the best player on the team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And with the Ducks failing tonight, maybe the view Sabrina is a lock will no longer hold, and we can root hard for Phee.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

View attachment 39806

AAC LINK

Collier is playing some of the best basketball of any woman in Division 1. And she's doing it consistently, night in and night out. No big deal to her, that's her game. That's the only way she knows how to play. Napheesa Collier is as regular as a morning sunrise. Geno said: "She works so hard. She gets involved in every single play. Some kids take plays off. They’ll jog back on defense or they’ll relax and not go after every rebound. She just works. As I said, there really is nobody you can put on her that’s a good decision. She overpowers the small guys. She’s quicker than the big guys. That midrange shot of hers is automatic. We try to go to her early and often just about every game. I don't worry about Pheesa, I know what I'm going to get from her every game." He also tells the freshmen and bench players: "Just do what Napheesa does."

SYN game announcer Eric Frede and color commentator Meghan Culmo both agree that Collier is almost impossible to defend because of her height (usually matched up against a smaller opponent) and her ability to shoot from anywhere on the court. She can post you up on the low post block, take you outside beyond the arc, or burn you with her deadly 8-12' mid-range jumper. Collier has the best hands on the team bar none. She's had the best hands on the team since Stewie graduated. She very seldom fumbles an entry pass, or a fast break pass received on the dead run. Even when you throw her a bad pass, more often than not, she'll grab it, and put it in the hole. She doesn't fumble rebounds either.

It's official, Christyn has broken through her freshman wall. Here is the documented proof:

AAC Freshman of the Week - Christyn Williams * Fr. * G * UConn -
"Williams gathered her second Freshman of the Week nod after averaging 15.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, an assist and a steal per game in UConn’s 2-0 week. In the Huskies’ 97-79 victory over No. 11 South Carolina, Williams racked up 19 points on 7-of-8 shooting and 3-for-3 from the foul line and 2-for-2 from distance. She followed with 12 points, all in the third quarter, in the Huskies’ 78-41 win at UCF on Sunday, grabbing three rebounds and dishing out a pair of assists." You don't make FOW if you're still in the clutches of the wall. :p

She said she just calmed down, trusted her skill and ability, stayed positive, and let the game come to her instead of trying to rush things. She said she had lost confidence in her shot, and became reluctant to shoot. She said she simply became overwhelmed. Little by little she regained her confidence, and her shooting touch returned. Then she just settled down and played without thinking too much. She emerged from the wall just in time to finish the season on a roll before the AAC tournament begins.

I think Williams will ultimately be the player we all thought she would be coming out of high school. I also think Megan Walker will take over the role next year that Collier has now. I think Walker will be a regular double double player next year for UConn. She's already proven she can shoot and rebound. She has the talent and the skills. Next year, she will have the stage that Collier has now. Instead of looking for Collier and Samuelson, Crystal will be looking for Walker and ONO (will be a starter next year) for assists.

UConn has 5 games left. On March 4, they close out their regular season @ USF 7pm on ESPN2.
Five games to tweak anything that needs attention, and to assure everything is running smoothly as a swiss watch, and all systems are go. ;)

2019 AAC WOMEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP MOHEGAN SUN ARENA • UNCASVILLE, CONN. MARCH 8-11

The 2019 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship bracket will be announced Monday, March 18 at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.

1550672926358.png

The Final Four played Friday, April 5 and Sunday, April 7. The Final Four will be played at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What happened to Oregon last night was they got exposed by a fast, hungry, athletic team. Oregon got duck trapped:

Reaction Score
CONGRATS PHEESA.... bound to be AAC POY...and finalist for NPOY

CONGRATS CHRISTYN.... could she be AAC FOY??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom