PG Al-Amir Dawes to unofficially visit | The Boneyard

PG Al-Amir Dawes to unofficially visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love it. 4 more to go for our own Hampton 5

Reaction Score
Love it. All of a sudden Jersey just opened up, and it does look like quite the fertile ground with its plentiful array of top notch hoops programs.

Reaction Score
Kid is soo good. Has looked like the best player on the court in every AAU game he has played.

What do you think hell end up ranked? He's about 200 now I think

Reaction Score
200th ranked player on composite. Is he supposed to move up soon?
Better than 200, not top 100 IMO. He only shot 40% in EYBL play and was kind of turnover prone. But the NJ Playaz offense was ugly in general and they all shot poorly besides Zach Freemantle. Dawes is a scrappy guard who D’s up. I would say that our current PG offers are to better prospects though.

Side note: He doesn’t have good offers, but Zach Freemantle just flat out produces. Remind me in a few years to check out what he does wherever he goes. He’ll be one everyone missed out on.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Better than 200, not top 100 IMO. He only shot 40% in EYBL play and was kind of turnover prone. But the NJ Playaz offense was ugly in general and they all shot poorly besides Zach Freemantle. Dawes is a scrappy guard who D’s up. I would say that our current PG offers are to better prospects though.

Chief agrees.

Reaction Score
Any relationship to Slick Watts
One of my favorite names in
B.B.
I think UDub and Sonic player
Slick was a pretty smart guy
Mickey Mantle was also called slick by his buddy Whity Ford for the opposite reason.

Reaction Score
Had some ugly numbers from the first few EYBL sessions, but pretty legit numbers in Session 4 over 4 games:

50% FG%, 89% FT%, 40% 3P%, ~20 pts/g, ~5 ast/g

Maybe the team figured something out for Session 4?

Reaction Score
Had some ugly numbers from the first few EYBL sessions, but pretty legit numbers in Session 4 over 4 games:

50% FG%, 89% FT%, 40% 3P%, ~20 pts/g, ~5 ast/g

Maybe the team figured something out for Session 4?
I was able to stream a couple of their games this year and one thing that really stood out is the number of midrange jumpers they take. It was killing me and I didn't even care about the outcome of the game. When you shoot as many as thy do, you're asking for low shooting percentages. Once Khalif Battle stopped playing poorly (this session), the floor really opened up for them apparently. Dawes is a good player. I just prefer Watts, Gaffney, or Wong personally.

Also worth noting that Hurley offered Dawes at URI and Kimani offered him at Minnesota, so the staff has seen a lot of him collectively.

Reaction Score
Dawes received an NBA Top 100 camp invite. Good news in terms of how his stock is trending.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know anything about him, but I like that he's built like an NFL safety.

Reaction Score
He does have a muscular build in an Alterique Gilbert kind of way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Huh? No 170 lb. safeties in the league.

He looks a lot bigger than that in the picture. I didn't check the details on him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He has really looked good on circuit. Need to lock him up his stock is rising fast.

C

Chief00

Chief has been busy at his day job and expects to be tomorrow’s through Friday morning. I will hopefully have some time next week to provide an update. And yes the gag order is still in place for certain topics. Bottomline, Chief has recently not been delivering much BY value. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Chief has been busy at his day job and expect to be tomorrow’s through Friday morning. I will hopefully have some time next week to provide an update. And yes the gag order is still in place for certain topics. Bottomline, Chief has recently not been delivering much BY value. Hopefully, that will change soon.
Damn. Quit the day job and focus full time on giving us that inside info that you are known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom