Reaction Score
This is the PFF grade for Individual players on the O-line for the season
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.28.12 AM.png

Blocking grades for Wyoming
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.36.27 AM.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All I remember from yesterday was Van Demark finally playing aggressive and with a nasty streak. On one of the run plays to the left, he pancaked the first guy at the line, took off and pancaked another 8-10 yards downhill.

I will assume the play calling and sets have gotten more nuanced because yesterday the RB's had the biggest lanes I've seen in a few years.

Reaction Score
What does PFF say about LS Brian Keating compared to the field?

Reaction Score
I will assume the play calling and sets have gotten more nuanced because yesterday the RB's had the biggest lanes I've seen in a few years.
That's the effect of all of the misdirection and the running threat at the QB position. We're finally running a modern offense.

The new coach better be a believer in this type of offense. If we fire Spanos/Mazzone and hire someone who talks about "smashmouth football" at his introductory speech like Diaco did God help us. Warde even had the nerve to spout he "fell in love" at the talk of smashmouth football. Idiots hiring idiots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the PFF grade for Individual players on the O-line for the season
View attachment 69942

Blocking grades for Wyoming
View attachment 69943
What is OFF, overall offensive grade? The reason I ask is the Lundt has for WYO: OFF = 45.4, RBLK = 56.3, PBLK = 81.5. Is the OFF grade just a weighted average of RBLK and PBLK or is it something more complicated? Seems like it must be something else as 45.4 doesn't seem commensurate with the other two grades. Inquiring minds would like to know. And yes, I did do a little research and did not find it.

Reaction Score
What is OFF, overall offensive grade? The reason I ask is the Lundt has for WYO: OFF = 45.4, RBLK = 56.3, PBLK = 81.5. Is the OFF grade just a weighted average of RBLK and PBLK or is it something more complicated? Seems like it must be something else as 45.4 doesn't seem commensurate with the other two grades. Inquiring minds would like to know. And yes, I did do a little research and did not find it.
So OFF is the overall offensive grade. The reason why Chase is low is because of the Qb pressures allowed, Qb hurries allowed, and also the two penalties allowed.

Reaction Score
So OFF is the overall offensive grade.
Is it possible to sort these by the OFF (or DEF) highest to lowest? I think folks can figure out if grades are skewed by # of snaps.

Reaction Score
So OFF is the overall offensive grade. The reason why Chase is low is because of the Qb pressures allowed, Qb hurries allowed, and also the two penalties allowed.
OK, thx, but it is inconceivable to me that the Overall grade would be lower than both PBLK and RBLK. So if the QB pressures and hurries and two penalties caused the Overall OFF to be so low, why aren't PBLK and RBLK lower? It just seems very inconsistent.

Oh, and I should note that I am an engineering program manager by trade. Asking questions is what I do. Please do not be insulted.

Reaction Score
OK, thx, but it is inconceivable to me that the Overall grade would be lower than both PBLK and RBLK. So if the QB pressures and hurries and two penalties caused the Overall OFF to be so low, why aren't PBLK and RBLK lower? It just seems very inconsistent.

Oh, and I should note that I am an engineering program manager by trade. Asking questions is what I do. Please do not be insulted.
You’re fine haha I’m a Law student so I ask questions a lot so I’m not offended by what you asked. I would synthesized it and give summary but I’m currently dreading in my books but for quick research I uploaded the links below. I hope it helps.

This is how they grade for both the NFL and college level for run blocking How PFF grades run blocking | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

For pass blocking it is explained below
How PFF grades pass protection | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Reaction Score
You’re fine haha I’m a Law student so I ask questions a lot so I’m not offended by what you asked. I would synthesized it and give summary but I’m currently dreading in my books but for quick research I uploaded the links below. I hope it helps.

This is how they grade for both the NFL and college level for run blocking How PFF grades run blocking | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

For pass blocking it is explained below
How PFF grades pass protection | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF
Study hard. We will discuss offline later. I had actually looked at those links before, but I still have a lot of questions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom