PFF College: Ranking all 130 FBS receiving corps from 1-130? | The Boneyard

PFF College: Ranking all 130 FBS receiving corps from 1-130?

Reaction Score

94. UCONN HUSKIES
It’s certainly important to note that the receiving corps rankings take into account all pass-catchers and UConn RB Art Thompkins has clearly been the Huskies’ best receiver this season. He currently has hauled in 31 passes for 209 yards including 242 yards after the catch. He’s averaging a depth of target behind the line of scrimmage and having to do a lot of the damage by himself, which he’s done marvelously. The team has also receiving plus-play from WR Cameron Ross who leads the team with 478 yards and 40 catches. They’re a formidable 1-2 combination but that’s really all the Huskies have in the way of highly-graded receiving options in 2019. And that’s not enough to carry them out of the 90s at this stage.

Reaction Score

94. UCONN HUSKIES
It’s certainly important to note that the receiving corps rankings take into account all pass-catchers and UConn RB Art Thompkins has clearly been the Huskies’ best receiver this season. He currently has hauled in 31 passes for 209 yards including 242 yards after the catch. He’s averaging a depth of target behind the line of scrimmage and having to do a lot of the damage by himself, which he’s done marvelously. The team has also receiving plus-play from WR Cameron Ross who leads the team with 478 yards and 40 catches. They’re a formidable 1-2 combination but that’s really all the Huskies have in the way of highly-graded receiving options in 2019. And that’s not enough to carry them out of the 90s at this stage.

Strange

Ross has clearly shown quality. But the Rose, Brown, Thompkins, Drayton ... are also clearly a quality four. Then Hairston, Jeffreys, Donovan W, Medlock are prospects that you can develop. Maurisseau has not played up to my expectations; he simply hasn't got targeted.

In other words, I don't see this as a formidable 1-2. I have not read the other 134 ... but this feels like one that they never watched anything.

Reaction Score
I love Art, but he’s not leading on catches or yards - not sure he is our leading receiver?? Why do I feel like this was written weeks ago and then just updated with current stats?

Reaction Score
I love Art, but he’s not leading on catches or yards - not sure he is our leading receiver?? Why do I feel like this was written weeks ago and then just updated with current stats?

im more surprised to see us break 100 tbh more than his reference to AT. team is improving slowly...

Reaction Score
I think they highlighted Thompkins because many of his passes we check downs or dump offs and he makes it into positive play by getting yards after the catch

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom