PF Tyrique Jones (Xavier Commit) | The Boneyard

PF Tyrique Jones (Xavier Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Read an article the other day where Jones and teammate Bruce Brown say they are a package deal, package deals never seem to happen but we have interest in both.

Reaction Score
"Dream" schools never work out either.

not trying to be a smart ass, but both of our current recruits said that uconn is their dream school and committed early because of that. It is possible, but usually only works when a local prospect says it and not when someone says it about a school across the country from them.

Reaction Score
"Dream" schools never work out either.
Eh...that's not true. There have been players who say UConn is their dream school and it doesn't work out (Jordan Bell, for example), but some have:

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels
Why did Jalen Adams commit to Connecticut? Simple: It was his dream school. Story: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1415703.html

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/09/steve-enoch-visiting-uconn-this-weekend.html
UConn has long been Enoch's "dream school." His family is UConn fans. He was slated to make some trips out West and to some other major programs, but put them off. He was slated to visit URI, but that's been cancelled, as well. The Rams, apparently, don't want to waste an official visit on a kid who almost certainly is heading to UConn.

LuHi's Facey picks UConn, his 'dream' school: http://nyp.st/1endBXQ

South Shore's Samuel chooses 'dream school' UConn: http://nyp.st/1cDtryX

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's 61st on F150. Supposed to be a plus rebounder and shot blocker with a high motor. Sign me up. He may not be a McDs AA but hed certainly be of value to us with that skill set.

caw

Reaction Score
Read an article the other day where Jones and teammate Bruce Brown say they are a package deal, package deals never seem to happen but we have interest in both.

I would take both in a heartbeat.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I want to say Bloomfield, is what I read somewhere?

Bloomfield is correct. Though a couple sites list him as being from Hartford or New Haven.

Reaction Score
Unless if I am confused and am remembering a different player, I saw him play in the Class S Semi's against Terryille last season. Caught an alley-oop from half court for a slam, but other than that was not much of a factor. Certainly had some bounce, and was only a sophomore so I wouldn't expect him to have dominated. 6'7'' is an accurate measurement. He was clearly the best player on the court but it was a blowout and such a mismatch athletically that he did not have much to show besides the aforementioned dunk.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Id take that package deal

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Two picks for us on the Crystal Ball. For whatever that's worth.

Reaction Score
Eh...that's not true. There have been players who say UConn is their dream school and it doesn't work out (Jordan Bell, for example), but some have:

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels
Why did Jalen Adams commit to Connecticut? Simple: It was his dream school. Story: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1415703.html

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/09/steve-enoch-visiting-uconn-this-weekend.html
UConn has long been Enoch's "dream school." His family is UConn fans. He was slated to make some trips out West and to some other major programs, but put them off. He was slated to visit URI, but that's been cancelled, as well. The Rams, apparently, don't want to waste an official visit on a kid who almost certainly is heading to UConn.

LuHi's Facey picks UConn, his 'dream' school: http://nyp.st/1endBXQ

South Shore's Samuel chooses 'dream school' UConn: http://nyp.st/1cDtryX

No doubt a few. But in my many years most who call UConn their dream school do not work out all that well. Hope this does. He's a nice player, good rebounder and aggressive around the paint but smallish and not sure he can shoot it?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No doubt a few. But in my many years most who call UConn their dream school do not work out all that well. Hope this does. He's a nice player, good rebounder and aggressive around the paint but smallish and not sure he can shoot it?
He's 6-foot-7.5 in shoes with a 6-foot-9 wingspan. For reference, Adrien is 6-foot-6.5 in shoes with a 7-foot-2 wingspan.

Re: shooting, from what I've read and the very little I've seen, his range is about five feet.

Reaction Score
Mau's tape measure will list Jones at about 6'2"...

Was thinking more along the lines of 5'10. ;)

Keep believing what makes you guys happy. I could care less any way just pointing out obvious stuff. How close you watch the game the other night? Coleman for Temple is listed at 6'10 and AB is a 7 footer. Funny stuff if they aren't the same size, AB is smaller - check it out! But the stats are right huh? And Jeff Adrien 6'6 1/2? LOL.......saw him with Ray Allen. I guess Ray was a bigger guard than we thought because they were the same size too. LOL......have fun but them's the facts boys!

Reaction Score

Keep believing what makes you guys happy. I could care less any way just pointing out obvious stuff. How close you watch the game the other night? Coleman for Temple is listed at 6'10 and AB is a 7 footer. Funny stuff if they aren't the same size, AB is smaller - check it out! But the stats are right huh? And Jeff Adrien 6'6 1/2? LOL..saw him with Ray Allen. I guess Ray was a bigger guard than we thought because they were the same size too. LOL.have fun but them's the facts boys!
Why can't you just admit when you are wrong? Really it's no big deal, just makes you look more foolish trying to defend something you know is wrong.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Keep believing what makes you guys happy. I could care less any way just pointing out obvious stuff. How close you watch the game the other night? Coleman for Temple is listed at 6'10 and AB is a 7 footer. Funny stuff if they aren't the same size, AB is smaller - check it out! But the stats are right huh? And Jeff Adrien 6'6 1/2? LOL..saw him with Ray Allen. I guess Ray was a bigger guard than we thought because they were the same size too. LOL.have fun but them's the facts boys!

I'm not exactly calling bull s--- on you, but perhaps height is hard to determine from 58 rows up from the court.

As per the NBA's own predraft measurements that I have sitting here in front of me - Jeff Adrien is 6'6.5" in sneakers. Ray Allen is less than an inch shorter.

Reaction Score
It's pretty much a given that an inch to 1.5 inch are added to most players barefoot height. Mauconnfan is being ridiculed because he continually said Stanley Johnson is like 6'2 and he won't budge off of it despite the fact that he's wrong.

Reaction Score
It's pretty much a given that an inch to 1.5 inch are added to most players barefoot height. Mauconnfan is being ridiculed because he continually said Stanley Johnson is like 6'2 and he won't budge off of it despite the fact that he's wrong.

Tremont Waters is 5'6", lmao mau is something else with these heights man

Reaction Score

6'2" ?? Please find me that one superJ, not sure you will come up with that one but give it a go.

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly calling bull s--- on you, but perhaps height is hard to determine from 58 rows up from the court.

As per the NBA's own predraft measurements that I have sitting here in front of me - Jeff Adrien is 6'6.5" in sneakers. Ray Allen is less than an inch shorter.

This coming from a guy who says he's 7'2"?? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger