Pernetti from Rutgers on WFAN at 3pm ** | The Boneyard

Pernetti from Rutgers on WFAN at 3pm **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know why the TuneIn radio app no longer gets WFAN? I went to listen to Tranghese yesterday and the app no longer finds the station....

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Anyone know why the TuneIn radio app no longer gets WFAN? I went to listen to Tranghese yesterday and the app no longer finds the station....

CBS Radio has their own radio.com app. They pulled all their stations from TuneIn.

Reaction Score
thanks ZLS44. It seems like I was just listening a few weeks ago... I will check out the CBS app.

Reaction Score
"The money spent subsidizing Jersey Shore would have been better spent on Rutgers football."

j/k

Reaction Score
He's going to announce that the BiG10 is joining Rutgers to form the RAC (The RutgersAl Conference). They will celebrate with a pork roll and cheese on a hard roll, fries and gravy, and a Yoohoo.

The Rutgers Al Conference: where every school is ... -- oh, never mind.

Reaction Score
The Rutgers AD made some comments that make it sound that he is confident that they will land somewhere safe. He referenced the institutional fit and it sounds to me like he is talking 100% about the Big Ten for them

Reaction Score
Is Pernetti on yet? Anyone care to share some nuggets for those stiffs like me stuck in meetings?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He's saying a lot without saying a lot. I agree with Vuce - when Pernetti mentioned "institutional fit" and "AAU status"... I thought Big Ten too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Now talking about collaborating with whatever future conference members academically, not just athletically. Desiring stability, and a way for athletic departments to be more financially independent. But, he's not writing the Big East off, for obvious reasons, and making it all about what's best for Rutgers (also for obvious reasons).

Reaction Score
Then he just said he would love Rutgers to be able to share in university collaborations of like minded institutions (or something along those lines). Said that is important because these decisions get thought of on the presidential level (rather than athletic). The whole Q & A line he was hinting at Rutty to the Big Ten IMHO.

Reaction Score
He said absolutely nothing. Including when asked "is Rutgers being actively recruited by a conference at the moment?" If I read between the lines, and it is no more than that, he has less belief that this is going to work out for RU than Herbst does for UConn. I think that UConn would not be leaking as much "ACC, ACC" if they didn't think it was going that way. Pernetti's reluctance to imply anything may mean he has nothing to imply.

But again, that's a lot of paralysis by analysis on my part. I really need to get back to work.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He said absolutely nothing. Including when asked "is Rutgers being actively recruited by a conference at the moment?" If I read between the lines, and it is no more than that, he has less belief that this is going to work out for RU than Herbst does for UConn. I think that UConn would not be leaking as much "ACC, ACC" if they didn't think it was going that way. Pernetti's reluctance to imply anything may mean he has nothing to imply.

But again, that's a lot of paralysis by analysis on my part. I really need to get back to work.

not too many billable hours for me today

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Says conference alignment would be decided by Rutgers Board of Governors, but they would in turn rely upon information provided by the AD. Thinks Rutgers will be just fine, however things fall, because he feels they have very strong assets across the board.

Francessa's take is that he feels Rutgers has ACC in their pocket, but would rather join Big Ten. But that's just wild speculation on his part.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys.

I don't know why AD's and Presidents keep feeding us this nonsense about "institutional fits". You're insulting my intelligence if you want me to believe that this is about anything other than the almighty dollar.

Dickie V must be blowing a gasket over this. Has anyone heard from him after Pitt/Cuse left?

Reaction Score
Says conference alignment would be decided by Rutgers Board of Governors, but they would in turn rely upon information provided by the AD. Thinks Rutgers will be just fine, however things fall, because he feels they have very strong assets across the board.

Francessa's take is that he feels Rutgers has ACC in their pocket, but would rather join Big Ten. But that's just wild speculation on his part.

He is a bigger idiot than I thought if he believes that RU wouldn't hit the send button for their application if they had the ACC in their pocket.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, to his credit, Pernetti did also admit that it's about football and tv dollars... he mentioned that Rutgers' football success is in its infancy (cough)... but that they bring a lot to the table as a university, not just an athletic department. No doubt about it though, Rutgers needs a pay day.

Reaction Score
No National Championships. (unless you count ... Fencing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom