Perhaps Rhetorical But I'm Curious | The Boneyard

Perhaps Rhetorical But I'm Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When the team disperses for the summer/early fall, does the coaching staff send each off with a work sheet of general conditioning goals and specific basketball "work on these things"?

If so, I wonder who has what in the work ons department. Last item on MoJ's sheet: Grow 5 "!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't think Moriah needs to grow! She needs to work on her outside shot so she can be more of a threat. I saw her grab a few boards and was very impressed with how high she could jump. She could stand to put on a little bit of muscle, though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When the team disperses for the summer/early fall, does the coaching staff send each off with a work sheet of general conditioning goals and specific basketball "work on these things"?

If so, I wonder who has what in the work ons department. Last item on MoJ's sheet: Grow 5 "!
Not so sure how much they "disperse". Most of them are around UCONN in the summer taking classes, working out, playing pickup. I'm sure they are given workouts or at least goals. I think the conditioning coaches can work with them individually. Als0 a few of them will be playing USA basketball most likely, so they will be getting "practices" there also.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't think Moriah needs to grow! She needs to work on her outside shot so she can be more of a threat. I saw her grab a few boards and was very impressed with how high she could jump. She could stand to put on a little bit of muscle, though.

I noticed that also, was musing one day if she could dunk…she really gets up there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup - they all get their 'exit interview' before leaving the gym. There was a post just after the championship where I made a list - something along the lines of:
1. BB - get healthy, period,
2. Stef - get healthy. And if you can, keep doing whatever you did last summer, it worked!
3. KML - whatever you did last summer ... more of the same please.
3. Bria - stay healthy, stay away from Greece, and what do you say - 500 3s and 250 10' pull-up jumpers/day? Sound about right?
4. Moriah - see that one over there shooting 3s and jumpers - looks likes fun, doesn't it? And the other one doing whatever she is doing - you know KML. See if she has any insights. And oh yeah, if you have a little extra free time, you want to go to camp ... what camp you say? Well, point guard camp!
5. Stewie - see that cafeteria over there, that is your new home away from home. Lots of protein, please. And you know Rosie - why not spend a few hours with her every day, you know, she gets a little lonely and you could like, move those black things up and down and up and down, and up and down, while you keep her company.
6. Morgan - get/stay healthy, and see Stef over there with a grin on her face - why not hang out with her - she is pretty cool, and she has more moves than just the dance kind.
7. Kiah - get/stay healthy, and why don't you and Morgan just hang with Stef - she has a plan.
8. Pope - you know KML, Moriah, and Bria? Bria , Moriah, and KML - this is Pope. She wants to hang and shoot.
9. Hey Chong - welcome! Here's the gym, and here are your teammates, the little ones over there are Bria, Moriah, and Pope - your new best friends. Whatever they do, see if you can do it better!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup - they all get their 'exit interview' before leaving the gym. There was a post just after the championship where I made a list - something along the lines of:
1. BB - get healthy, period,
2. Stef - get healthy. And if you can, keep doing whatever you did last summer, it worked!
3. KML - whatever you did last summer ... more of the same please.
3. Bria - stay healthy, stay away from Greece, and what do you say - 500 3s and 250 10' pull-up jumpers/day? Sound about right?
4. Moriah - see that one over there shooting 3s and jumpers - looks likes fun, doesn't it? And the other one doing whatever she is doing - you know KML. See if she has any insights. And oh yeah, if you have a little extra free time, you want to go to camp ... what camp you say? Well, point guard camp!
5. Stewie - see that cafeteria over there, that is your new home away from home. Lots of protein, please. And you know Rosie - why not spend a few hours with her every day, you know, she gets a little lonely and you could like, move those black things up and down and up and down, and up and down, while you keep her company.
6. Morgan - get/stay healthy, and see Stef over there with a grin on her face - why not hang out with her - she is pretty cool, and she has more moves than just the dance kind.
7. Kiah - get/stay healthy, and why don't you and Morgan just hang with Stef - she has a plan.
8. Pope - you know KML, Moriah, and Bria? Bria , Moriah, and KML - this is Pope. She wants to hang and shoot.
9. Hey Chong - welcome! Here's the gym, and here are your teammates, the little ones over there are Bria, Moriah, and Pope - your new best friends. Whatever they do, see if you can do it better!

You are too ..whatever. I am doubling down on 4, 5 and 9. And Stewie, it hurts but then it doesn't hurt so much and then you get to be the pusher, not the pushie..... and that makes a heck of a lot of difference....at least half of the stuff thrown at you will disappear just cuz.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I noticed that also, was musing one day if she could dunk…she really gets up there.

Yes, she can get up there. I was not picking on her ups. On the contrary, I was thinking with her ups and she was ... never mind. She is a terrific athlete and the next three years are going to be a whole lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom