Perdue Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Perdue Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
After 125 years of UConn football data points.

1. You can't build a winning program one century at a time.

2. There is a huge gap between the dream and the reality and the gods have been ruthless towards us. That's just a fact.

3. As to UConn football the point is, there ain't no point.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
What was it Dennis Green said? "They are who we thought they were." That's true of UConn and Purdue in this game.

The result has to be what any sane person expected. Let's see if we can keep within 25 of Army...

Reaction Score
The offense will never produce because the O-Line is that bad. They open no holes for the backs and against Purdue's 3rd string team they were getting blown up. No time to throw. And who's brilliant idea was it to leave our FR Right Tackle one on one with #5 many many times.

As for the defense, our second level is awful. We play 15 yards off the receiver. We are never able to rush more than 4 because the coverage is so bad. How many times on 3rd down did we only rush 3 and drop 8 just to have a receiver wide open by at least 5 yards. I have never seen so many wide open receivers. I thought Morrison was the only 2nd level defensive player who played decent. I find it hard to believe we have no one better than Lucien or Bell at corner. If we are not playing the Freshmen because they are Freshmen, it's time to start playing them. Also, whoever that freshmen LB was who exploded into the backfield in the 4th quarter, start him next game. What do we have to lose. My goodness our OL, LB's and secondary are not good to say the least.

Reaction Score
The offense will never produce because the O-Line is that bad. They open no holes for the backs and against Purdue's 3rd string team they were getting blown up. No time to throw. And who's brilliant idea was it to leave our FR Right Tackle one on one with #5 many many times.

As for the defense, our second level is awful. We play 15 yards off the receiver. We are never able to rush more than 4 because the coverage is so bad. How many times on 3rd down did we only rush 3 and drop 8 just to have a receiver wide open by at least 5 yards. I have never seen so many wide open receivers. I thought Morrison was the only 2nd level defensive player who played decent. I find it hard to believe we have no one better than Lucien or Bell at corner. If we are not playing the Freshmen because they are Freshmen, it's time to start playing them. Also, whoever that freshmen LB was who exploded into the backfield in the 4th quarter, start him next game. What do we have to lose. My goodness our OL, LB's and secondary are not good to say the least.
I saw #24 make a hard hit on a ball carrier on 3rd down near the sideline to force a punt. He came off the field jacked up and looked like he really wanted to play. About the only sign of emotion I saw on our sideline all day. Program lists #24 as Desmond Fogle, FR LB from Kingsland Georgia.

Our LBs appear to be very light. I wonder if it would be better to move K. Jones to MLB and try one of the underclassman at DE.

Reaction Score
Bigger faster stronger.

Look at all the weight they gained!!

First, establish the run.

That's all I've got.

Reaction Score
I saw #24 make a hard hit on a ball carrier on 3rd down near the sideline to force a punt. He came off the field jacked up and looked like he really wanted to play. About the only sign of emotion I saw on our sideline all day. Program lists #24 as Desmond Fogle, FR LB from Kingsland Georgia.

Our LBs appear to be very light. I wonder if it would be better to move K. Jones to MLB and try one of the underclassman at DE.
Yes, that was him. Start him next game. We need players who play with emotion and want to be out there competing.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Bigger faster stronger.

Look at all the weight they gained!!

First, establish the run.

That's all I've got.
Never gonna happen with Mensah getting so many carries. Slow to the hole and knocked over by a feather. The transfer from Miami -?- looked like he at least had some power.

Reaction Score
Never gonna happen with Mensah getting so many carries. Slow to the hole and knocked over by a feather. The transfer from Miami -?- looked like he at least had some power.
Not advocating that, actually. Just parroting what we keep hearing.

In fact, it looks like UConn are playing for next year now. Time to give up on the run, and remove those players who are in their last year from the two deep just like Randy did his first year. This is a lost year. Time to play the long term game. Give the PT to the players that UConn needs to develop for next year.

Reaction Score
“Perdue”? We couldn’t beat chickens.
A lot of people don't know some basic facts about Purdue.
It is a public- State- land grant University...just like UConn
It is named after John Purdue- one of the few state Universities in US named after a private citizen
No affiliation with chickens or Purdue Pharma
It's known as the cradle of astronauts and quarterbacks

Reaction Score
A lot of people don't know some basic facts about Purdue.
It is a public- State- land grant University...just like UConn
It is named after John Purdue- one of the few state Universities in US named after a private citizen
No affiliation with chickens or Purdue Pharma
It's known as the cradle of astronauts and quarterbacks
Great school

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34