Per twitter, McCall to announce tomorrow | The Boneyard

Per twitter, McCall to announce tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per twitter, Erica McCall will announce tomorrow. Given the lack of CT media attention regarding her decision, I expect her to announce that she will be attending Stanford or UCLA. I hope I am wrong, but all signs are pointing to that direction. If so, I wish her the best of luck! Assuming I am correct, I really hate these 1 player classes! I hope Geno is able to pick up an international player or JUCO. This would give us an extra player in case of any major injuries.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a bluff, but McCall just tweeted that her friends think they know where she's going but to prepare to be shocked. I would imagine Stanford is the heavy favorite and certainly where Russell and Mavunga have hinted at.

I think Uconn and UCLA would be the only "shocking" choices, because no one is really expecting it.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a bluff, but McCall just tweeted that her friends think they know where she's going but to prepare to be shocked. I would imagine Stanford is the heavy favorite and certainly where Russell and Mavunga have hinted at.

I think Uconn and UCLA would be the only "shocking" choices, because no one is really expecting it.
\
Well "shocked" will depend on what exactly she indicated to them previously. I have no way of knowing, but I would be most shocked by her selecting UCLA, but it's closer to home and she may want to participate in building the program.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCLA would be the most shocking, but it is closest to Bakersfield.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Per twitter, Erica McCall will announce tomorrow. Given the lack of CT media attention regarding her decision, I expect her to announce that she will be attending Stanford or UCLA. I hope I am wrong, but all signs are pointing to that direction. If so, I wish her the best of luck! Assuming I am correct, I really hate these 1 player classes! I hope Geno is able to pick up an international player or JUCO. This would give us an extra player in case of any major injuries.
hf - Just one quibble with your post - the lack of 'coverage' on Erica is not an indicator:
I think Erica made it very clear that she would announce on 11/10 about a month ago and I am thankful that the hoard respected that announcement and left her alone. We love that we get so much coverage of our program, but they too can become part of the problem with some recruits adding yet another layer of unwanted phone calls and emails. (We had a little problem with that with a recruit out of Texas four years ago.) Generally our hoard seems to handle (balance) this stuff very well. They seem to try and cultivate a parent/coach to be their contact and based on their reported contacts it seems they develop a good relationship with the contact and don't become a pest - with 3-5 beat reporters trying to get info though, just the number itself could become rather annoying.

Reaction Score
I would love for McCall to select UConn, but it's hard to resist a Stanford education and schools that are a bit closer to home (UCLA, Stanford, Bakersfield). Hope we get this kid!

Reaction Score
If people are going to be shocked then I guess its going to be Bakersfield. That would be a major shock!

Reaction Score
If people are going to be shocked then I guess its going to be Bakersfield. That would be a major shock!
True that would be the ultimate surprise, but her final 3 schools noted in various blogs, etc do not include Bakersfield.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UCONN! UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

All seriousness aside!!! I wouldn't argue with a Stanford education either but Stanford has so many inside players year after year! UCLA would be an immediate impact. She may go to Bakersfield, but i see her saying UCONN!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCONN! UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

All seriousness aside!!! I wouldn't argue with a Stanford education either but Stanford has so many inside players year after year! UCLA would be an immediate impact. She may go to Bakersfield, but i see her saying UCONN!!

Actually, Stanford really needs some inside players. Stanford will be very guard heavy next year. McCall would not only get a world-class education, she'd get plenty of playing time as a freshman.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The only handicapper I believe is Nate Silver (except in North Dakota).

I haven't seen his tweet about McCall so I'll just wait.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Actually, Stanford really needs some inside players. Stanford will be very guard heavy next year. McCall would not only get a world-class education, she'd get plenty of playing time as a freshman.

I guess I see it differently a little differently.

Next year will have inside players:
Reuf 6'3 Sr
Greenfield 6'3 Sr
Oguwike 6'3 Sr
Payne 6'2 Jr
Picknell 6'5 So
Bebe 6'3 So
Samuelson 6'3 Jr
Johnson 6'3 Fr

Quite a few inside players

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...would be most shocked by...
...would be the most shocking...
...going to be shocked then I guess its going to be... a major shock!
Yes, true, true... I hate to sound negative, but I don't think we need a pole to guess this one
Cleveland-Institute-of-Electronics-Online-School-970D486C.jpg

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
interestingly enough most people think Stanford....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The only handicapper I believe is Nate Silver (except in North Dakota).

I haven't seen his tweet about McCall so I'll just wait.
Erica is full of surprises. Just like Heidi Heitkamp. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess I see it differently a little differently.

Next year will have inside players:
Reuf 6'3 Sr
Greenfield 6'3 Sr
Oguwike 6'3 Sr
Payne 6'2 Jr
Picknell 6'5 So
Bebe 6'3 So
Samuelson 6'3 Jr
Johnson 6'3 Fr

Quite a few inside players

Tall players ≠ inside players.

Greenfield, Payne, Samuelson are perimeter players.

Plus: Reuf won't be back next year. Beebe has torn her acl twice in the past 2 years so who knows what she'll be able to do next year. Picknell is a bit of a project. That leaves Chiney (who will be a senior next year) and Johnson whom I know little about. I see playing time for Erica at Stanford.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think the whole 'shocked' thing was just to keep people off balance, so that she wouldn't have to demur in a way that confirmed the most popular guess--Stanford.

My money's on the Cardinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020