Per Dez: McCummings expected back next week | The Boneyard

Per Dez: McCummings expected back next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Very good news.

Yup. If we get in a jam, we can win with him at QB all game. In fact, we probably would have done a bit better with him taking all the snaps last year.

I love having wildcat in the package and he does a very good job of running it.

Reaction Score
Yup. If we get in a jam, we can win with him at QB all game. In fact, we probably would have done a bit better with him taking all the snaps last year.

I love having wildcat in the package and he does a very good job of running it.

In that case they could have put 11 in the box all day and we only would have scored 7 per game on the off chance he could complete a pass.

C

Chief00

I would like to see them get McCummings on the field more - possibly in the slot - he is the best athlete on the team - has good size - and most importantly can make plays.

Reaction Score
I would like to see them get McCummings on the field more - possibly in the slot - he is the best athlete on the team - has good size - and most importantly can make plays.

This is something I just don't see. McCummings seems like a good athlete considering he's a quarterback, but he doesn't have the athleticism of Deshon Foxx, McCombs, Nick Williams, etc. Am I the only one who just doesn't see this stunning athleticism?

Reaction Score
“@desmondconner: #Confirmed #UConn sophomore quarterback #Scott McCummings has returned to #UConn football practice today”

Reaction Score
This is something I just don't see. McCummings seems like a good athlete considering he's a quarterback, but he doesn't have the athleticism of Deshon Foxx, McCombs, Nick Williams, etc. Am I the only one who just doesn't see this stunning athleticism?
I think you are correct here-QB's can "look" more athletic than they are because a QB who has the timing/vision to know when to scramble almost always has MUCH more wide open lanes with which to work-whether because it was a dropback situation and defenders are moving away from the LOS and covering players/space, or because it was a Wildcat situation and the offense has an extra blocker which makes it that much easier to get to the 2nd level against a D.

I LOVE what McCummings brings to the table for Wildcat (and hopefully moving toward adding a bit of a roll out/drop back game) and think he is going to be a MAJOR part of our success this year. But I still feel firmly like you that does not mean he is ready to move out to the slot or anything for us. I think his best contributions will continue to come from under Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom