Pep band? | The Boneyard

Pep band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Seeing the thread created by pepband99 made me think of something I have been meaning to ask....does UConn ever send a pep band to road football games? Don't most P5 schools do this? Will UConn full band travel to any road games this year? I know other schools usually have 1 or 2 games they let the band travel to, but I don't think I have seen UConn do this much at all...but I may be wrong.

UConn really has a great band...it feels like they aren't utilized enough....even at home games.

Reaction Score
The full UCMB used to go on one road trip each season but the last one, I believe, was the Fiesta Bowl. My guess is it's been cut back due to costs.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No, we don't have a football "pep band"
Yes, many P5 schools do this, although P5 "peers" are a bit spotty on this.
No, disapointingly, the UCMB isn't scheduled to travel this year. My guess is that we would have gone to Temple, if that game weren't Thanksgiving weekend.

Interestingly - Notre Dame didn't bring a pep band to Clemson. This shocked me.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The full UCMB used to go on one road trip each season but the last one, I believe, was the Fiesta Bowl. My guess is it's been cut back due to costs.

Wrong. UCMB was at Yankee Stadium last year, at least.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
In all honesty, I looked it up, though I was there. Probably a result of blocking that game out of my mind...

I've been meaning to talk to someone in the UCMB on this, but i believe it's always the intention to do one game, but the opportunity doesn't present itself, given the stupid AAC geography. Our OOC schedule is more forgiving for this now, so I would think you'll see them hit a game in the next few years.

2016: Either Gillette or BC, assuming rumours pan out. Navy also a possibility.
2017: UVA or Temple, maybe?
2018: Cuse?
2019: UMASS
2020: ?
2021: UMASS
2022: BC

Of course, road games at Rutgers, Penn St, or Maryland would work :)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. That's disappointing. Hopefully when we are in the B1G that will change.

Reaction Score
Don't forget to watch for the UConn ALUMNI Marching Band tomorrow!!! Big halftime sound!!!

Reaction Score
In all honesty, I looked it up, though I was there. Probably a result of blocking that game out of my mind...

I've been meaning to talk to someone in the UCMB on this, but i believe it's always the intention to do one game, but the opportunity doesn't present itself, given the stupid AAC geography. Our OOC schedule is more forgiving for this now, so I would think you'll see them hit a game in the next few years.

2016: Either Gillette or BC, assuming rumours pan out. Navy also a possibility.
2017: UVA or Temple, maybe?
2018: Cuse?
2019: UMASS
2020: ?
2021: UMASS
2022: BC

Of course, road games at Rutgers, Penn St, or Maryland would work :)
Or too much beer.

Reaction Score
Pep band?

We don't even send a couple of cheerleaders and Jonathan.

Reaction Score
A big shout out to the UCMB, they do a great job. It's a hugh commitment from these students. Not only do they play at football games they also do exhibitions through out the northeast and parades representing the school with honor. A pep band at away games is an expensive endeavor that alot of schools are cutting back on still it would be nice.

Reaction Score
A big shout out to the UCMB, they do a great job. It's a hugh commitment from these students. Not only do they play at football games they also do exhibitions through out the northeast and parades representing the school with honor. A pep band at away games is an expensive endeavor that alot of schools are cutting back on still it would be nice.

Adressing "do exhibitions throughout the northeast..."
Last Sunday I was volunteering at Southington's Apple Harvest Festival in one of the food booths. Around 2 P.M. those of us volunteering heard loud & clear the UConn Fight Song being played live at the bandshell on the other side of the Town Green. That sound could ONLY have come from the UCMB or the Alumni Band. We couldn't confirm because of vender tents set up on the green that obscured the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom