People's Choice Award for Athletes | The Boneyard

People's Choice Award for Athletes

Reaction Score

Sorry, but how does Stewart and Wilson get overlooked for this category? This doesn't make sense to me considering they were the major award winners this past WNBA season.

Apparently they should've dated Taylor Swift to make the list.

Reaction Score
They just go with the most generic/popular names in the sport. They don't have the NBA MVP either or champions either, just the bigger names. And Sabrina is probably the biggest name in the WNBA right now with the success of the Sabrina 1s. Not really a big deal or a reflection of anything besides People not paying attention to sports lol

Reaction Score
They just go with the most generic/popular names in the sport. They don't have the NBA MVP either or champions either, just the bigger names. And Sabrina is probably the biggest name in the WNBA right now with the success of the Sabrina 1s. Not really a big deal or a reflection of anything besides People not paying attention to sports lol

They're asking about performing at the highest level. With all due respect to Ionescu, she didn't in my opinion when compared to Stewart and Wilson. And when you think of it from that perspective, Jokic missing on this list is another glaring oversight.

Reaction Score
They're asking about performing at the highest level. With all due respect to Ionescu, she didn't in my opinion when compared to Stewart and Wilson. And when you think of it from that perspective, Jokic missing on this list is another glaring oversight.
Its the people's choice award, they don't care about sports its just a popularity contest. I think Shawn Johnson won this in a year she wasn't even competing, its not a serious award. Honestly if anything it shows the growth of women's basketball and the WNBA that they even got an athlete on that list this year.

Reaction Score
Its the people's choice award, they don't care about sports its just a popularity contest. I think Shawn Johnson won this in a year she wasn't even competing, its not a serious award. Honestly if anything it shows the growth of women's basketball and the WNBA that they even got an athlete on that list this year.

Then frame the question as such instead of giving people the impression this group understands anything about sports. Acting like they paid attention to what's happened in the sporting world is misleading. Yeah I know, I'm dreaming but this type of marketing/positioning is why we get the crappy sporting takes we do nowadays. It does the WNBA a disservice over the long run IMO.

Reaction Score
Folks, it’s the People’s Choice Awards.

It’s not best; it’s most popular.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Arnold Schwarzenegger has more Peoples Choice acting awards than Meryl Streep.
Exactly what I’m saying.

Reaction Score
Mikaela Shiffrin struggled in Beijing but has been practically unbeatable in 2022/2023 and now again in 2023/2024.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom