Penn State cleaning house on Friday | The Boneyard

Penn State cleaning house on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just heard from a source at PSU that the BOT voted to fire Paterno, the ass't coach, the AD, and the President. It's third hand, but I consider it reliable.

Take it for what its worth.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I still think this is only a big tip of the iceberg. As people are being accused and shown the door, other laundry is hung out to dry.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Apparently, PA governor Tom Corbett will be at the BOT meeting on FRI as well.

I'm pretty sure he's had enough of PSU's crap...

Reaction Score
This is a HUGE black eye for PSU. It will take a while to recover from this. The fact they also fired the president speaks volume the seriousness of the overall situation. The whole thing is just sick. There is no other way around it.

Reaction Score
Paterno should never be allowed to make a statement to the press as a Penn State employee again. He should be gone tonight. That school is going to pay dearly for his inaction. Hey, I told my AD, what else was I supposed to do? Astounding. A ten year old boy raped in your facility! No urgency to act?

Reaction Score
This is the type of situation that can only be cleansed with fire.

Reaction Score
What happens to Tom Bradley? Didn't he get into the mix for the UCONN Job?

Reaction Score
I have a couple of PSU alumni friends who are promoting the Blue Out to End Child Abuse at their game on Saturday and my response to them was that they are about 10 years too late.

Reaction Score
Just heard from a source at PSU that the BOT voted to fire Paterno, the ass't coach, the AD, and the President. It's third hand, but I consider it reliable.

Take it for what its worth.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
They had to, it's the only way to fend off the Big 10 kicking them out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh, boy.... (source)

SPRINGFIELD, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania lawmaker and former federal prosecutor is asking for an investigation into whether Penn State officials broke the law by not reporting sexual abuse allegations to proper authorities.
U.S. Rep. Patrick Meehan says he's asking Education Secretary Arne Duncan to look into whether the university violated the Clery Act, which requires schools to publish an annual report of all criminal offenses that are reported to campus security or local police.

Reaction Score
If you think this ugly now, check back in several weeks from now. I think you can expect the number of accusers to double.

I know how much everyone groans when the government becomes involved, but the only other choice is self-governance and it's not working.

Reaction Score
I have a couple of PSU alumni friends who are promoting the Blue Out to End Child Abuse at their game on Saturday and my response to them was that they are about 10 years too late.

Amen fellow former Buckley Hall resident...

Reaction Score
What happens to Tom Bradley? Didn't he get into the mix for the UCONN Job?
Bradley supposedly blew off a few scheduled interviews at UConn...I'll bet he is wishing he could go back in time now.

Reaction Score
Oh, boy.... (source)

SPRINGFIELD, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania lawmaker and former federal prosecutor is asking for an investigation into whether Penn State officials broke the law by not reporting sexual abuse allegations to proper authorities.
U.S. Rep. Patrick Meehan says he's asking Education Secretary Arne Duncan to look into whether the university violated the Clery Act, which requires schools to publish an annual report of all criminal offenses that are reported to campus security or local police.

Just as an FYI, this is almost certainly a Clery Act violation, but the law doesn't have teeth. The failure to report a murder on campus recently drew a $250k fine.

Reaction Score
If you think this ugly now, check back in several weeks from now. I think you can expect the number of accusers to double.

I know how much everyone groans when the government becomes involved, but the only other choice is self-governance and it's not working.

It's close to triple already, as of tonight.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
From the NY Times, an unnamed source is saying Paterno's claim that McQuery did not inform him of the 2002 incident specifics is false. If this is correct, and I have to believe it is, Paterno should be charged with perjury.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
A rally of JoePa supporters is taking place on PSU's campus right now, and the riot police - armed with bullhorns, teargas and Lord knows what else - have assembled to keep order.

Mercy. Can this thing possibly get any uglier?...

Reaction Score
From the NY Times, an unnamed source is saying Paterno's claim that McQuery did not inform him of the 2002 incident specifics is false. If this is correct, and I have to believe it is, Paterno should be charged with perjury.
Surely there are going to be lots of unnamed sources out there saying lots of things. The DA had plenty of opportunity to indict Paterno, and didn't. Could it be that they're crossing every t and dotting every i ten times before going after the kingpin, sure. But I suspect if they knew something, they would've gone after him.

Reaction Score
A rally of JoePa supporters is taking place on PSU's campus right now, and the riot police - armed with bullhorns, teargas and Lord knows what else - have assembled to keep order.

Mercy. Can this thing possibly get any uglier?...

Several years ago, at a Xmas Party at the in-laws outside Philly, the topic of Paterno came up when some high school administrators were praising him. Just for levity, my wife mentioned the high waters and dye job. You could see the shock on people's faces. They think of him as a god, but I was warned when I first got to Penn State. "Never make fun of hunting, football or Joe Paterno." It's sad to see 750 kids behave like this, and Paterno's reaction shows just how much he's lost it. I'm prepared to say he's senile and that his family are a bunch of enablers. I can't say I'm surprised by the students, however. I have seen such behavior from them multiple times before. What they're doing is actually quite predictable if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom