Penn State cancels news conference.. | The Boneyard

Penn State cancels news conference..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would have been a complete waste of time anyway. Expecting the media to be limited to questioning only about the Nebraska game and nothing about the scandal is an utter joke.

Reaction Score
It's also an example of being completely out to lunch that any question about Nebraska is relevant here.

Paterno simply doesn't understand the gravity of things.

I can only think that the President ended the press conference to avoid Paterno destroying PSU even more.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
One newsman called it like he saw it: they're officially the Penn State Cowardly Lions.

Their legacy is going to be tarnished anyway, but Spanier's actions since this crisis began are threatening to leave a crater in the middle of Happy Valley. He needs to resign or be removed immediately before he causes any more damage - maybe Tom Corbett needs to step in at this point...

Reaction Score
Not one question was going to be asked about Nebraska. Not one.

Somebody of power needs to step in and demand a clean sweep. The President, AD, coaching staff, any other University officials involved in this need to be replaced immediately. This can't wait for the football season to end.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN Paterno was preparing to issue an opening statement and take questions on the scandal, but early this morning school officials called him and cancelled the news conference. It also won't be rescheduled. What's interesting is that Paterno was told not to participate in the Big Ten weekly meeting this week.

Reaction Score
But how will we learn about the upcoming Nebraska game now?!?

Reaction Score
You also just infuriated a horde of national media who traveled out to Happy Valley (not an easy place to get to) for this press conference. They don't clean house soon and this is going to get even uglier than it is if that's even possible.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
According to ESPN Paterno was preparing to issue an opening statement and take questions on the scandal, but early this morning school officials called him and cancelled the news conference. It also won't be rescheduled. What's interesting is that Paterno was told not to participate in the Big Ten weekly meeting this week.
Obviously the Trustees are taking over. Paterno, at best, is not going to be speaking about this any more, so the question is, are they canning him?

Reaction Score
You also just infuriated a horde of national media who traveled out to Happy Valley (not an easy place to get to) for this press conference. They don't clean house soon and this is going to get even uglier than it is if that's even possible.

Let me say this again: Paterno wanted to talk about the Nebraska game.

Yes, you infuriated a horde of media. But is that worse than Paterno wanting to talk about the Nebraska game?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i want this to get as ugly as possible and go on for a while. its our time to shine in the northeast.

Reaction Score
i want this to get as ugly as possible and go on for a while. its our time to shine in the northeast.

So, you're hoping many more kids were molested and that everyone was in on the cover-up?

Reaction Score
And . . . I think ABC and any others televising college football should decide not to carry the game. Put UConn vs Louisville on and then UConn vs Rutgers. Time to give someone else a fair chance at being the new Beast of the East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So, you're hoping many more kids were molested and that everyone was in on the cover-up?
no, i never wish that on anyone. thats a pretty diick comment. what i mean and i'm sure you know what i mean is that i want this saga to play out and for the psu program to have to completely rebuild. i want them to dig and find out more ugly admin probelms there. if they do it quickly then they are still king in the northeast. if they do it slow and ugly then it gives schools like uconn a chance to recruit better and more media attention if sucess comes knocking.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: PSU is now fast-tracking JoePa's exit.

Also, Matt Millen (good friend/next door neighbor of Sandusky) apparently is spilling his guts on-the-air, speaking about his 'friend'. I'm away from a TV; can anyone who caught it give details?...

Reaction Score
no, i never wish that on anyone. thats a pretty diick comment. what i mean and i'm sure you know what i mean is that i want this saga to play out and for the psu program to have to completely rebuild. i want them to dig and find out more ugly admin probelms there. if they do it quickly then they are still king in the northeast. if they do it slow and ugly then it gives schools like uconn a chance to recruit better and more media attention if sucess comes knocking.

I don't give a damn what happens to the PSU program or how this impacts UConn in any way. This is bigger than football. My first (and only) thoughts are with the victims and those who allowed this to happen are held accountable.

Reaction Score

Don't worry you're gonna get your wish. The institutional involvement in one of the ugliest kinds of crimes imaginable might ruin Penn State football for a long time. Senior admin officials are under criminal indictment, the president will not survive this and I expect Paterno will retire at the end of this season. They're already calling the place Pederasty State University. This makes North Carolina's football program crimes look like playing hookey in comparison. The whole thing is like watching the aftermath of a terrible car accident. You want to look and you don't want to look.

Reaction Score
Don't worry you're gonna get your wish. The institutional involvement in one of the ugliest kinds of crimes imaginable might ruin Penn State football for a long time. Senior admin officials are under criminal indictment, the president will not survive this and I expect Paterno will retire at the end of this season. They're already calling the place Pederasty State University. This makes North Carolina's football program crimes look like playing hookey in comparison. The whole thing is like watching the aftermath of a terrible car accident. You want to look and you don't want to look.

Paterno was going to retire at the end of this year regardless. And this has been known since before the summer when this investigation kicked into gear.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just to be clear i think the acts are horrible and i hope there isn't any more. what was done was horrible and the psu cover up was also horrible. i realize this isn't a football issue on the field and that its a terrible thing. but i'm looking at this from a uconn eye. i care what happens to psu, i want them to look like bc football 2 years from now. were trying to build etc, this is just another opportunity for us. ruthless! thats what takes us to the next level, if that means calling recruits etc, then let the game begin!

Reaction Score
Paterno was going to retire at the end of this year regardless. And this has been known since before the summer when this investigation kicked into gear.

obviously i did not know this.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

but now the rest of the staff has to go. no way psu can keep anyone with that program around. the kids there knew joe pa was just a talking head and the staff was why they went there and they knew who they were being coached by. big changes coming for psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom