Penalty Rumors For Cuse | The Boneyard

Penalty Rumors For Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Fruit Moderator Jake backing a posters claim of post season ban this year, 2 scholly loss through 2017 and 14 vacated wins for Jimmy B.

Looks like we can expect the report soon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he says it's true, than it's likely true.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Honestly, they lucked out if the ban is for this year. Im sure they fought hard to make sure that if there was going to be a post-season ban, it would be this year where they probably wont make it anyway...

Reaction Score
It seems sort of strange that they would allocate a postseason ban on such little notice, and really, it doesn't seem fair. I get that any postseason ban for innocent student-athletes is unfair, but for a senior like Rakeem Christmas having a tremendous year, this has to be a major kick in the gut and I feel terrible for him. The best approach, assuming there is a ban, would be to handle it the way they did UConn's and allow seniors to transfer without penalty.

caw

Reaction Score
Honestly, they lucked out if the ban is for this year. Im sure they fought hard to make sure that if there was going to be a post-season ban, it would be this year where they probably wont make it anyway...

Honestly not sure how the NCAA can justify giving them the ban this year esp after the second semester. In most cases Seniors have the option to transfer if there is a tourney ban. Would feel bad for the Cuse Seniors for being thrown under the bus. If it was next year at least it would give next years seniors a chance to move on if they wanted to do so.

caw

Reaction Score
It seems sort of strange that they would allocate a postseason ban on such little notice, and really, it doesn't seem fair. I get that any postseason ban for innocent student-athletes is unfair, but for a senior like Rakeem Christmas having a tremendous year, this has to be a major kick in the gut and I feel terrible for him. The best approach, assuming there is a ban, would be to handle it the way they did UConn's and allow seniors to transfer without penalty.
Great minds and all

caw

Reaction Score
Also aren't they already at 13 signed players for next year if no one leaves early?

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I would rather have the ban next year, if nothing else it lets the stink hang around longer. Maybe a few recruits opt to stay out of that mess. Its a full year less for Boeheim. It's a full year of "well they're banned" all over national television. They get off easy if it's this year.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Give it a few years, any vacated wins will be reinstated............

Paterno%20816_0.jpg

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
No way the ban is for this current season, I'm not sure that has ever been done.... The penalties are always for the following year, or am I wrong?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Some schools pull a Miami and ban themselves before the penalties come out, especially when they know there was no shot they were heading to a postseason bowl or tournament. Let's see if the ACC prohibits them from their tourney.

Reaction Score
Do we get to pick which 14 wins he loses? I'd like BET '06 and '09 back, and the game at the Dome in '91, but only since I was there. Throw in an NCAA loss in '03 before the finals (don't want KU getting a fourth title) and then any other 10 will do.

Maybe throw in the game Shumpert was blowing kisses to the crowd. That ticked me off. And the one Rip/Jake were hurt, since that game shouldn't count.

Reaction Score
14 wins?? where do they get that number from??? did they drop a bunch of different numbers in a hat??? if the report is true then they have at least 50+ wins that should be vacated. this is all BS. what an average punishment. but hey, if the NCAA restores wins for an unthinkable crime (penn st) then 14 makes sense. mind as well give Reggie his Heisman back and the Squid his vacated FF's back as well. honestly utter BS.

Reaction Score
Unless something has changed, I think Fab Melo is at the center of this. Could it be due to 14 wins he played in one of his two years? An odd number like 14, well it's actually even but I digress, would seem to correlate directly with how many wins they had with a specific player on the floor. Couldn't happen to a nicer program.

Reaction Score
No way the ban is for this current season, I'm not sure that has ever been done.... The penalties are always for the following year, or am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. Thinking the NCAA will behave in a logical or consistant way is always wrong, no matter what happens in the end.

It would be really lucky for the Cuse if they got banned this year, so that's what I expect to happen. A ban next year would be much, much worse.

Reaction Score
Yes, you are wrong. Thinking the NCAA will behave in a logical or consistant way is always wrong, no matter what happens in the end.

It would be really lucky for the Cuse if they got banned this year, so that's what I expect to happen. A ban next year would be much, much worse.
I agree. Just as most of us expect that North Carolina won't be punished at all.

Reaction Score
If they get hit with a ban for next season I hope Gbinije transfers here. shoots 42% from 3 while averaging 10 a game with 5 boards. Would be like adding Deandre Daniels production at the 2.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Some schools pull a Miami and ban themselves before the penalties come out, especially when they know there was no shot they were heading to a postseason bowl or tournament. Let's see if the ACC prohibits them from their tourney.

Also would like to see if this happens. Nothing will ever get back losing a chance to play in the final Big East tourney at MSG, especially since we've had such a long history of success there and have been a vital member of the conference tourney for decades.

But with the NCAA reinstating Penn States wins, maybe we can replay the 2013 season all over again?

Reaction Score
Hey, Malachi Richardson, if you're interested, there's a spot for you here.
Their posters think that the scholarship loss will be for 2016-2017, but I think it has to be for next year. They have a huge class coming in, so if it is for next year, that will be huge.

If the postseason ban is for this year, that is a huge break for them. They are a borderline tournament team at best right now. On paper, they have a much better team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom