Pele RIP 1940-2022 | The Boneyard

Pele RIP 1940-2022

Reaction Score
Saw him at the Yale Bowl in 1977 against the Connecticut Bicentennials. I'm sure the Cosmos lost but can't remember the score. I think Pele came in as a sub, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia definitely played a lot. I was 9 yrs old at the time.

There used to be a long haired kid on the Bi's named Santiago Formosa, and he just ran wild on the flanks that day. Believe he scored.

Crazy to see so many soccer fans pack the Yale Bowl for Pele back in '77.

My high school didn't even have a soccer team! Nor did my town have a travel team back in the 80s.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Saw him at the Yale Bowl in 1977 against the Connecticut Bicentennials. I'm sure the Cosmos lost but can't remember the score. I think Pele came in as a sub, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia definitely played a lot. I was 9 yrs old at the time.

There used to be a long haired kid on the Bi's named Santiago Formosa, and he just ran wild on the flanks that day. Believe he scored.

My high school didn't even have a soccer team! Nor did my town have a travel team back in the 80s.

Giorgio!

Chinaglia did a weekend coaching deal for my travel soccer team in Simsbury when I was 10.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

The one (not quite full) season that Pele and Beckenbauer played together for the Cosmos (along with Chinaglia, Stevie Hunt, Carlos Alberto) they didn't lose much. I'd be very surprised if the Bicentennials beat them.

Reaction Score
The one (not quite full) season that Pele and Beckenbauer played together for the Cosmos (along with Chinaglia, Stevie Hunt, Carlos Alberto) they didn't lose much. I'd be very surprised if the Bicentennials beat them.
I just looked it up.

They did!

3-2 Bicentennials

All I remember was seeing the stars on the Cosmos, and the Formosa guy dribbling through all of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom