OT: Peggy (Walsh) Myers' Son to play Football at UConn | The Boneyard

OT: Peggy (Walsh) Myers' Son to play Football at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs' writes about Peggy's son signing a LOI today to play football for the Huskies.

Peggy was a senior during Geno's first year as UConn coach and still holds the record for most rebounds in a game. She currently works for the program.

"The best thing that happened to me my first year at UConn was the fact Peggy was a senior," Auriemma said. "She was the kind of kid who could play for us even now, because of the level of competitiveness and toughness. More importantly she bought into what I was doing, it trickled down to the rest of the team, it helped our program grow."

"She'd probably say I'm the best and worst thing that happened to her. She liked to go at her own pace. I remember kidding her, 'If you start training on something other than cheeseburgers and Budweiser you're going to be a hell of a player.'"

Peggy, a first-team All-Big East performer who amassed 1,413 points and 937 rebounds at UConn, pulled down 25 rebounds one remarkable February night at Pittsburgh in 1986. Twenty-seven years, her school record stands.

"Twenty-five rebounds!" Auriemma said, shaking his head.

"Geno will say it was a matter of me getting the rebounds of all my missed shots," Peggy said, laughing.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ning-day-column-0207-20130206,0,565305.column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom