Peach Jam updates | The Boneyard

Peach Jam updates

Reaction Score
I'm a recruiting agnostic these days. We give up on kids too quickly because of their ranking. I don't know anything about Diarra or Springs but I also don't believe it when someone tells me they are not top level or can't be.

We heard similar about Donovan Mitchell and Bruce Brown 6 or 7 years ago. And many countless others.

Reaction Score
I'm a recruiting agnostic these days. We give up on kids too quickly because of their ranking. I don't know anything about Diarra or Springs but I also don't believe it when someone tells me they are not top level or can't be.

We heard similar about Donovan Mitchell and Bruce Brown 6 or 7 years ago. And many countless others.
Diarra is 66th in the class now, so it's safe to say he's top level. He may not get an offer from UConn, but he'll be a good player.

Springs is down to 141 now, and I think that's too low for him, but he got off to a slow start this spring and fell. Now he's balling out and probably will see an uptick. Regardless, he's a really solid PF prospect that we're in a good spot with.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hopefully coach hunter can do work with his DMV connections the DMV area is loaded with 20 & 21 talent. 3 DMV teams made peach jam and all 3 blew out their opponents yesterday.

Reaction Score
07001FE3-D724-435A-B1CF-2BABD1E713B4.png

Reaction Score

What????

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
@UConnStats Any idea what’s going on with Diarra? Makes no sense that we haven’t offered and aren’t even showing interest any more. Kid has Uconn/Hurley written all over him.

Reaction Score
What????

Several years ago, people punched holes in Mitchell's and Brown's games because these 2 were not on top of UConn's list, and they were not very highly ranked either earlier in the process. Springs and Diarra are doing quite well--though they're not high in the rankings (well, I guess Diarra is now rising). I just don't put a lot of weight on these early assessments.

Reaction Score
@UConnStats Any idea what’s going on with Diarra? Makes no sense that we haven’t offered and aren’t even showing interest any more. Kid has Uconn/Hurley written all over him.

Either it's because he can't shoot and Hurley wants shooters at the 1 and 2, or he might just not be interested in UConn. Forge a different path than his brother, go somewhere new, all that.

Hard to say no to a kid as tough as Diarra. He would have thrived in the OBE.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

We’re not involved but wow is this kid is a stud. Kid is league ready right now.

Reaction Score

We don't really need a guard in this class unless Gilbert leaves. 3+ PGs on the roster.

Reaction Score
Several years ago, people punched holes in Mitchell's and Brown's games because these 2 were not on top of UConn's list, and they were not very highly ranked either earlier in the process. Springs and Diarra are doing quite well--though they're not high in the rankings (well, I guess Diarra is now rising). I just don't put a lot of weight on these early assessments.
I don't remember it that way. I remember most people being dumbfounded Ollie didn't want Bruce Brown because he was all set to come here. Ollie was interested in Brown if he reclassed but had no interest if he stayed in his class. I never understood why Mitchell wasn't a main priority, everyone knew he was a stud but some people thought it was an either or with Jalen and Mitchell. Mitchell and Brown were both highly ranked. Colson is a better example of a guy who wasn't that highly ranked (despite always kicking butt on the circuit) who wanted to come here and Ollie blew him off.

Reaction Score
Either it's because he can't shoot and Hurley wants shooters at the 1 and 2, or he might just not be interested in UConn. Forge a different path than his brother, go somewhere new, all that.

Hard to say no to a kid as tough as Diarra. He would have thrived in the OBE.
I also just don't think we'll be adding a PG in the class. We offered Curbelo this spring, but that's it for PGs. We've shown more interest in SGs, and we still may not even have room for one of those either. Diarra wants to play PG and there will plenty of schools willing to promise him that role, whereas at UConn he'd have to play a lot of 2 behind Cole and Gaffney.

Reaction Score
I also just don't think we'll be adding a PG in the class. We offered Curbelo this spring, but that's it for PGs. We've shown more interest in SGs, and we still may not even have room for one of those either. Diarra wants to play PG and there will plenty of schools willing to promise him that role, whereas at UConn he'd have to play a lot of 2 behind Cole and Gaffney.
Feels like a mistake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom