Peach Bowl - Houston vs Florida St | The Boneyard

Peach Bowl - Houston vs Florida St

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talk about a statement game. Not sure if Houston can compete, but it would be a great win for the AAC.

Reaction Score
I think it's a good matchup for Houston. FSU isn't going to intimidate them or outrun them. If they avoid turnovers you might want to take the inevitable points they'll give you when FSU comes in as an inflated favorite. Of course they'd never consider giving Houston any kind of home field advantage by playing in Louisiana, Texas or Arizona so they get to go to FSU's backyard in Georgia. But I think Cougar fans will represent well.

In any case we'll find out a little about what it means to be ranked 9th vs 18th by the committee.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Line opened as -6.5 FSU. I'll take those points. I think it's fairly even if Ward is healthy. Seems like he is after watching him yesterday.

Reaction Score
Amazing the 3-loss teams ranked ahead of Houston. They deserve to be right behind TCU at #12 (giving some other big name teams the benefit of the doubt because of the schedules they've played).

Ole Miss at #12 will play #16 Oklahoma State in the Sugar Bowl while Temple gets Toledo and Navy gets Pitt. Hard to make a statement in that scenario so hopefully we beat whoever we line up against. Not sure who Memphis plays.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
How does FSU win so often? Lots of times it's team speed. Houston has team speed. And nothing to lose.

Reaction Score
Amazing the 3-loss teams ranked ahead of Houston. They deserve to be right behind TCU at #12 (giving some other big name teams the benefit of the doubt because of the schedules they've played).

Ole Miss at #12 will play #16 Oklahoma State in the Sugar Bowl while Temple gets Toledo and Navy gets Pitt. Hard to make a statement in that scenario so hopefully we beat whoever we line up against. Not sure who Memphis plays.

Auburn

and Tulsa gets VaTech. Plenty of chances.

Reaction Score
Auburn

and Tulsa gets VaTech. Plenty of chances.

Auburn Mamphis is an interesting matchup. Not sure how Tulsa will play out but they have a shot. Everyone will likely be focusing on Houston with the caveat that if they win they couldn't beat Clemson anyway, but we can have that discussion after they win.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The fanbase with the most pressure to travel has to be Houston. With all of the B12 expansion rumblings before OU secured a Playoff spot, they will need to make quite a statement to continue their P5 push. They had enough problems as it was to get fans to their own stadium this season. But they didn't just dole out an impressive contract extension to Herman to bring 3K fans to the Peach Bowl and get blown out.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
"Imperative". Houston pushing tickets through their ticket office. Good prices. Houston really making a B12 push here in the past week.

With Texas A&M in the Big 12, Houston had no chance. Now, I don't know. It's a slight possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom