PC Women Deny their Team Mate a Chance at History | The Boneyard

PC Women Deny their Team Mate a Chance at History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to vent somewhere.

A sleepy triple-header in Session 1 of the BET tonight was almost rendered relevant when in the third game Tori Rule, #13 on Providence, scored her 35th point against Georgetown with about 10 minutes left in the second half. She was on fire, with virtually all her points coming on 3-pointers, and was single-handedly keeping her team in the game, sort of. The single-game scoring record of 41 points in a BET game is over twenty years old - and Rule had almost 1o minutes to get 6 or more points.

But then a funny thing happened -- Rule got only one more shot the rest of the game. Symone Roberts essentially froze Rule out, single-handedly preventing any chance at the record. Yes, G'Town did tighten up the D on Rule somewhat, but that was hardly the explanation. There were at least several occasions with Rule standing free in the corner, and Roberts driving hopelessly into the core of G'town's defense. And, sure, a team doesn't center its game plan around getting one of their mates a record, but by midway through the second half, the outcome of the game was certain -- Sugar Rodgers had found her mojo -- and the only hope left for PC would have been to feed their hot hand. And so they did the opposite.

I'm being selfish. I hung around until well after 10:00, hoping that I'd see something special - and what I saw was either the height of cluelessness or selfishness. I still can't figure which. Anyway, good bye Providence. You had a chance to be part of something historic and special, and you blew it.

Reaction Score
It's Providence. If they knew how to execute on either side of the ball, they'd probably have had more than 1 winning season in the past 22 years.

Reaction Score
I have to vent somewhere.

A sleepy triple-header in Session 1 of the BET tonight was almost rendered relevant when in the third game Tori Rule, #13 on Providence, scored her 35th point against Georgetown with about 10 minutes left in the second half. She was on fire, with virtually all her points coming on 3-pointers, and was single-handedly keeping her team in the game, sort of. The single-game scoring record of 41 points in a BET game is over twenty years old - and Rule had almost 1o minutes to get 6 or more points.

But then a funny thing happened -- Rule got only one more shot the rest of the game. Symone Roberts essentially froze Rule out, single-handedly preventing any chance at the record. Yes, G'Town did tighten up the D on Rule somewhat, but that was hardly the explanation. There were at least several occasions with Rule standing free in the corner, and Roberts driving hopelessly into the core of G'town's defense. And, sure, a team doesn't center its game plan around getting one of their mates a record, but by midway through the second half, the outcome of the game was certain -- Sugar Rodgers had found her mojo -- and the only hope left for PC would have been to feed their hot hand. And so they did the opposite.

I'm being selfish. I hung around until well after 10:00, hoping that I'd see something special - and what I saw was either the height of cluelessness or selfishness. I still can't figure which. Anyway, good bye Providence. You had a chance to be part of something historic and special, and you blew it.

Providence is staying in the Big East. We are not. They might yet have a chance to break some Big East records.

However, this is OUR last year in the Big East. Do you know how much I want UConn to win the Big East Championship this year? I want it more this year than any other year I can remember.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
However, this is OUR last year in the Big East. Do you know how much I want UConn to win the Big East Championship this year? I want it more this year than any other year I can remember.

HERE, HERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01