PBC's latest is a real winner | The Boneyard

PBC's latest is a real winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This could force a Big 12/Big East merger that would not be bad. Missouri is gone, and Oklahoma will push very hard to get into the SEC, but I don't think that is on the table.

It would be a pretty good 14 team league.

I am still skeptical though about PBC's post.

Reaction Score
HAHAHA!

"Tonight, the University of Texas president Bill Powers co-authored a letter of intent with the Big Ten conference.

The key terms include:

- the University of Texas will in good faith conduct discussions with the Big Ten conference and no other conference related to its post-2012 conference affiliation
- the Big Ten will not invite any other institution to join the conference without the prior approval of Texas
- before joining the Big Ten, Texas will have assurances that it can schedule four non-Big Ten conference football games per season
- the requirement that any final arrangement be designed to increased revenues among all Big Ten conference schools, with no discrepancies in distributions unrelated to television network distributions among conference institutions
- Texas will become a full CIC member
- Texas and the Big Ten will jointly approve any third party media arrangements related to Texas athletics moving forward
- the goal that Texas participates as a full member of the conference beginning in the fall of 2014"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
PBC has been very accurate in terms of what the Big 10 office is expecting to happen. Let's pray this is true.

If Texas is going than Notre Dame may be going, which takes the Irish off the table for everyone else.

Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Kansas and Iowa State would need new partners. I would actually want to go big, take the Big East football schools and BYU and Boise, and form 4 pods, which would cut way down on travel.

In this situation, I actually prefer the Big 12 to the ACC. With the revenue gap between the ACC and SEC, the ACC will always be susceptible to a raid.

Reaction Score
The line about no additonal expansion without Texas' approval is the one that maes me think this is bogus. Can anyone see Michigan and Ohio State deferring on membership in "their" conference to Texas? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom