• 1:1

Votes: 64 42.4%
  • 2:1 Jelly

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Straight Jelly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
It's the off-season, so yes I'm naturally creating a thread about the classic PB&J. Only doing this because my roommate yesterday made himself a "snack" and it turned out to be a straight jelly sandwich. That's it. With peanut butter in the cabinet, made the conscience decision to make a pure jelly sandwich. This is almost as bad as ordering a steak "well done." Naturally, I assumed he's a psychopath and needed to make this poll to prove something. How do you like your PB&J? The obvious answer, is a 2:1 peanut butter to jelly ratio. It's the perfect match. If anyone else says straight jelly I would ask the mods to keep an eye out for them. Also yes it's been a slow afternoon at work for me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I use a 2:1 PB. Put PB on both slices of bread to prevent jelly from saturating the bread.

And dibs on an ruining this thread over artisanal PB's and Jellies.

Double dibs on first who brags about canning their own jellies.

I'm a Smuckers all natural creamy PB and a Smuckers jelly kind of guy.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I use a 2:1 PB. Put PB on both slices of bread to prevent jelly from saturating the bread.

And dibs on an ruining this thread over artisanal PB's and Jellies.

Double dibs on first who brags about canning their own jellies.

I'm a Smuckers all natural creamy PB and a Smuckers jelly kind of guy.

Dibs on being the jerk who goes on and on about Nutella instead of jelly...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dibs on being the jerk who goes on and on about Nutella instead of jelly...

No problem with some hazelnut spread. Don't call it a PB&J.

I make them about once a week for lunch at work or for boating on weekends.

Reaction Score
Big PB fan. My kids aren't. Possible because they weren't allowed to have them at school during their formative elementary school years. I usually go no jelly, but if I go with jelly it's definitely the condiment, not the star.

Creamy vs. chunky: Creamy is my norm, but I like to switch it up every 4th jar or so. By the time I finish that jar I'm ready to go back to creamy.

Brand: I respect every type of PB, from natural to garbage like "goober grape." I've been steering away from sugary PB. I've been favoring Skippy Natural of late, partially because I find the kinds that require stirring to be messy and inconvenient. I think "Peanut Butter and Company" is the most overrated (although I still enjoy it).

Since we're also throwing in thread derailers, here are a few:
  • Fluffernutter (that's what she said!)? So good, but so bad. Is the fluff really that much worse than a grape jelly?
  • Do you go with different knives for the PB and the J? Wipe the knife before diving into the other? Just leave it and get PB or J trails in the other's jar?
  • Do you use your finger to snack on the PB? Do you double dip that finger?

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Forget the jelly. It's all about Peanut Butter and Banana. And throw a slice of cheese on it for good measure.

Reaction Score
Forget the jelly. It's all about Peanut Butter and Banana. And throw a slice of cheese on it for good measure.
Was with you and Elvis when you said banana, and then complete and utterly lost me when you decided to throw in cheese outta left field.

Reaction Score

Just last night, my wife said something about peanut butter and cheese as something people eat and I didn't believe her.

I go for creamy pb on one slice. Prefer jam over jelly on the other slice. Jam is just easier to spread.

But the ultimate to me is the triple decker PBJ Fluffernutter a PBJ and Fluffernutter on three slices of bread. In that case I make the PBJ first, put more pb on top, then fluff on the last slice. Oh waxing nostalgic for my childhood!

Reaction Score
I had a friend who used to eat cheese & jelly 'wiches. Tasted OK. BTW, Teddie's PB is my jam.

Reaction Score
Peanut butter, apple butter, banana, and granola is my real favorite. I'm just too lazy to make it.

Reaction Score
how do you create a poll? do only certain posters have the ability?

Reaction Score
Just last night, my wife said something about peanut butter and cheese as something people eat and I didn't believe her.

I go for creamy pb on one slice. Prefer jam over jelly on the other slice. Jam is just easier to spread.

But the ultimate to me is the triple decker PBJ Fluffernutter a PBJ and Fluffernutter on three slices of bread. In that case I make the PBJ first, put more pb on top, then fluff on the last slice. Oh waxing nostalgic for my childhood!
Peanut butter and cheese can be good. Ritz crackers with a small amount of peanut butter topped with a slice of cheddar cheese is one of my favorite snacks

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
90% of the time I am straight PB. I don't really see a benefit to the jelly, but every now and again I mix it up and spread on a thin layer of jelly.

Definitely 100% crunchy for me.

You cant have a choke and slide without the slide. A straight pb sammich is recipe for a Heimlich.

Reaction Score
I eat PB,Js a lot for lunch. I think it's pretty healthy compared to a lot of other things. I have like 9 jars of different jellies and preserves in my cupboard I buy when they're on sale. Blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, and grape. The peanut butter is the natural, with the oil floating on top, and even unsalted, makes no difference in flavor, creamy, creamy, creamy. Mostly on rye bread these days with whole milk. Delish, but try not to nap after if it's hot out.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Jiffy Natural peanut butter , Smuckers strawberry Jam on Ritz wheat crackers with cold Rice Dream rice milk. I’ve eaten this combination into a Comatose state several times.

Reaction Score
big fan of PB and banana. throw on some cinnamon or a touch of honey (or honey flavored PB) to really bring it up a notch

when I was in NC there was a disturbing trend of people who swore by PB and mayo....threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom