Payne and Izzo did | The Boneyard

Payne and Izzo did

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
what I consider a fatal move by keeping him outside and not inside drawing fouls. Sure he can hit the 3 but he just sat out there. For a "genius" coach - very strange. I think that payne better show what he can do under the basket because in the league he can plant himself but he isn't going to make a long living doing so.

Reaction Score
what I consider a fatal move by keeping him outside and not inside drawing fouls. Sure he can hit the 3 but he just sat out there. For a "genius" coach - very strange. I think that payne better show what he can do under the basket because in the league he can plant himself but he isn't going to make a long living doing so.

They were hitting baskets during the middle of the game. That's why they settled.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

See my team Defense post. we forced that.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This game seemed too much for Payne at times. I swear Izzo called a 1st half to because Payne was totally spent

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This game seemed too much for Payne at times. I swear Izzo called a 1st half to because Payne was totally spent

When they needed him, he did a Silvio.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Payne forced that first half time out. He was gassed and I think his lack of legs was why they didn't pound it inside, big mistake, didn't they have another big? If so he was invisible.

Reaction Score
UConn's hands clogged up the inside passing lanes. Only clear lane was back outside. UConn was also a lot better on the boards than I hoped, cut way down on second chances and easy put backs. Payne had to work with what the Huskies gave him. Damn good player; but can't do it all.

Reaction Score
They got worn down. Him playing at the 3 PT line heart usin the ffirst half. But was a big benefit in the 2nd half. Him being that far away From the hoop meant he had to crash the vlvoards from a distant or had to hustle back to defend our fast break. He and the entire MST team was worn out. On top of that, as always when we hit the 10 minute mark shooting FTS its game over!

Reaction Score
If you have followed MSU at all this season, you know that this is Payne's ability. He is a stretch 4. He is deadly from 15 feet. He can shoot the 3. The dude is going to be a nice addition to what ever team lands him in the league. Izzo is a great coach. Just in some games it comes down to making shots. We did and the Spartans did not. Plus, our coaching staff (very underrated btw) did a masterful job preventing any post passes. Think about it. When ever the Payne and Dawson posted up, we had great backside help. So trying to throw a pass into the post was hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom