Pay close attention... | The Boneyard

Pay close attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's all be sure to really cherish the rest of this season. I would do a lot of delinquent things to be able to watch Kemba play one more game in a UConn uni, but 38 games later and I already have a new favorite player. I remember when Shabazz was a freshman, I'd say to myself "who's this kid jacking up NBA threes with 25 seconds on the shot clock?", but he made more than missed and it's been really fun watching him develop to become the leader he is now. I think its a rare case to know that you have a ubiquitously loved future school legend while he's still playing, especially when he has so many games left. The jaw-dropping respect and mutual love that Shabazz has created between himself and UConn nation is a feeling that fans for places like Kentucky don't have. I'll take a four-year guy who shows the amount of leadership and unwavering confidence (especially in the context of school adversity) that Shabazz does every single time before I'd take a one and done 5 star PG. Every single time.

I was 5 when Kevin Ollie graduated. I went to his basketball camp in high school and was awestruck by how inspiring of a guy he was. It seems like the fans loved him when he was wearing the jersey, and I know we love him now. The KO era is going to have some incredible highs, and 25 years from now I hope we see Bazz on the bench in some capacity. It's December and we have one of the best, most likable players we've ever had. Lets enjoy this season.

Reaction Score
In 4 years at UConn can someone name one bad thing that happened involving Bazz............................... I didn't think so.

The kid is a better person than basketball player, and no need to worry about his future with a basketball or without. He's that special, and I know he'll be fine facing the world after college. That's what 4 years of college should do to all students, but sadly it doesn't. As OP said so good to have an opportunity to see him grow and develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom